Thursday, May 24, 2007

Five on Fridays: May 24, 2007

brought you by Five on Fridays

Maternal Instincts

1. If you're out shopping and hear a baby cry, what's your first thought?

i usually feel bad that they are crying, and that the parent(s) seem to look embarrassed. it can't be helped that babies cry. sometimes i wonder what's wrong. other times i can tell by the cry. (there's those old daycare instincts, still alive & kicking!)

2. Are the passengers in your car required to buckle their seat belts regardless of age?
i don't think i've ever had to tell someone to buckle up in my car. they just do. but yes, i would ask them to if they didn't. Florida makes a huge deal out of "Click it or Ticket," and i am not smudging my driving record & paying a ticket for someone to be riding belt-less in my car.

3. Do you ever feel the need to clean/straighten your loved ones? With your own spit?
sometimes. if there's "debris" or lint or string or something on them. or if a tag is sticking out. i am more likely to point it out though than to just take the liberty of doing it myself. and *no* spit. gross.

4. Some people are described as having "a face only a mother could love." What people or things in your life do you love unconditionally?
i don't love any *things* in an unconditional way. just doesn't seem possible to me. i may value things, but unconditional love is reserved for people. and the ones that are important to me are loved without condition.

5. In what ways are you like your mother? What habits, catch phrases, and tricks have you picked up from her?
i am not much like my mother. the ways in which i am similar: our handwriting has a lot of common characteristics, we sound almost exactly alike on the telephone, and we both raise our right eyebrows *exactly* the same way. i can't really think of anything else... considering how minimal my opportunities were to pick up traits from my mother, i really wonder how much of this stuff was actual *natural*. voice makes sense, but the handwriting & the eyebrow thing? hmmm...

1 with their own thoughts:

Heart of Rachel Monday, May 28, 2007 9:29:00 PM  

This is an interestine meme. I feel concerned whenever I hear a baby cry.

My husband always require passengers in the car to wear seatbelts and my son has a car seat just for him. Car seats for children are not required in the Philippines but for safety measures, we bought one for our son.

My mom always tells me I'm beautiful. I guess every mom sees every child that way. "Love your own," as they say. :)

My mom is a very organized, practical and responsible person. Sadly, I'm the opposite.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP