Wednesday, April 25, 2007

do men go through menopause?

i realize that it's getting to be warm here in the Sunshine State. we've broken 80* every day this week. and so on come the air conditioners. to be expected. but i swear they are all fanning themselves in their offices, complaining about how *hot* they are, and coming out to the thermostat (some rigged electrical thing on the wall that they flat refuse to show me how to operate) to nudge it down just a little more.

i can't take it anymore. i'm pretty sure we're down to a refreshing 34* now. my hands are turning blue. my nose is actually cold to the touch. another two degrees & a thin layer of ice will begin forming in my bottle of water.

jeez, it's freaking cold in here!! hmmm... did i just see some penguins scurry by?

6 with their own thoughts:

Brian in Oxford Wednesday, April 25, 2007 3:18:00 PM  

It's amazing how peeved people of BOTH sexes get when you open a window on a nice day like that.

This place had a guy who would run the AC in winter because the heat was on too much in his opinion. He was just trapped in a corner where it accumulated.

Anonymous,  Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:41:00 PM  

sounds like the OR. Take off your bat belt and go over to the blanket warmer for a toasty one. Then wrap it snugly around your waist like a sarong. Oh, probably no blanket warmer. Well, your body could warm it up! I put my sterile gown on over that!

J-Dawg's Realm Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:45:00 PM  

For me Dawn -- I keep my house pretty cool -- so when I go to work and it is 77, I kick on my fan (OK, so its small and powerful so it is like a hurricane -- and QUIET too!) because to me 77 is way too hot -- I keep my house about 65 -- when its hot outside about 70...but to answer your question, men do have periods (though they are usually in the fall and winter on Sundays/Mondays) but I dont think we have menopause - we are just naturally hot all the time LOL My thought is this - it is easier to put on a sweatshirt that for me to take my shirt off (and probably ALOT more appealing LOL for me to keep my shirt on!) so .... maybe? :) Hope this got you to at least chuckle!

J

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:48:00 PM  

LOL! so what do i do when i am already bundled in the office! i wear a jacket in there as it is! short of putting on a ski suit, i don't know what else to do!

Anonymous,  Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:16:00 AM  

most of the heat escapes from our heads. why not wear a hat. or a ski mask? imagine the looks you'd get from the guys then.

J-Dawg's Realm Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:03:00 AM  

I say, bring in the entire ski outfit -- ski mask, parka, lines ski pants...of course you have to be wearting your lined flannel shirt, with lined flannel jeans, your uber-warm lined socks, your lined Eddie-Bauer snowboots, and lined ski gloved...strap some skis to your roof-rack and see if anyone gets the hint? :) LOL when you do, take a picture -- that would be one for the CLASSICS!

J

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP