Friday, November 16, 2007

you know how no one really wants to be at work on Friday?

well, just imagine what it is doing to me to be here today, when a short half hour away:

Lowell, the MVP of the World Series, is scheduled to make an appearance at Disney World's Magic Kingdom Friday afternoon at 4 p.m.
(Boston Globe)

he's going to be the Grand Marshal of the parade. and i have an Annual Pass burning a hole in my pocket right now.
::sigh::

life is so not fair.

17 with their own thoughts:

kreed Friday, November 16, 2007 9:32:00 AM  

Hack, hack. Don't you feel that cold coming on? I think you better leave work early so you can go home and get some rest...

~**Dawn**~ Friday, November 16, 2007 10:53:00 AM  

kreed: I *wish* I could pull that off. We're low-staffed today. And with all my hoping to not be sick when I travel, I would feel like I was inviting bad karma to pretend I was sick now. I want to soooo badly though.

Anonymous,  Friday, November 16, 2007 11:03:00 AM  

karma schmarma. AH CHOO!!! time to go home...

~**Dawn**~ Friday, November 16, 2007 11:07:00 AM  

Nichole: Can't do it. Too responsible. I never cut class either. Plus, every time I fake being sick, it bites me on the behind later. I *really* don't want to be sick on vacation.

Anonymous,  Friday, November 16, 2007 11:15:00 AM  

You are *cough, sniffle* feeling VERY crappy and must go "HOME". NOW.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, November 16, 2007 11:17:00 AM  

LOL! You big bunch of enablers! I want to go *so* badly. But I know I can't...
::bangs head on desk::

Anonymous,  Friday, November 16, 2007 11:26:00 AM  

You so can!!! Just this once be irresponsible! Break out of your box!!!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, November 16, 2007 11:29:00 AM  

No can do. I don't sound sick. I'm not acting sick. I don't look sick. And if I leave, there will be no one in the office. As much as I would love to go, I need to keep my job more. =/

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Friday, November 16, 2007 12:16:00 PM  

Bummer - I was going to suggest the "ugh, I feel awful all of a sudden" syndrome too, but then I just saw your response above. Boo-hoo, wish you could swing it somehow :(

Brian in Oxford Friday, November 16, 2007 12:46:00 PM  

You should sneak out and go over and greet him with a kiss and a new first baseman's mitt....

grrrr.....

~**Dawn**~ Friday, November 16, 2007 2:30:00 PM  

Stacy: I would have gone if I thought I could get away with it, but I would get in a lot of trouble for not being here today with all the big managers gone. Oh well.

Brian: He *better* not be wearing a first baseman's mitt!! And he sure isn't getting one from me! >=[ The EE needs to keep its grubby paws off my Lowell.

*krystyn* Friday, November 16, 2007 2:45:00 PM  

You are TOO responsible. I agree with Kreed even before I read his response...that stinks that the bosses are gone and you can't swing it. I wish you could go!!

Anonymous,  Friday, November 16, 2007 3:44:00 PM  

there is no *way* you'd get fired for that. they can't fire you on the first offence, even if they had an issue with it. I know it's a dead issue, but i just wanted to go on record for say no way. ;-)

~**Dawn**~ Friday, November 16, 2007 3:55:00 PM  

Krystyn: Always have been.

Nichole: Actually, Florida is an at-will employer state. They can release anyone at any time & don't need to give any reason at all.

Anonymous,  Friday, November 16, 2007 5:05:00 PM  

good to know...

Jeanne Saturday, November 17, 2007 10:39:00 AM  

OMG Dawn that so sucks! So sorry you have to miss it. So near and yet so far! Got good and bad news for ya. Scoured the whole store and not a Warm Apple Crisp to be had, I think that's a catalog thing. Also Oatmeal Cookie is a 'returned favorite' and just available in the big jar. Dang them! I did score some Holiday Home Sweet Home tarts for you to sooth the pain. : )

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:31:00 AM  

Jeanne: They are killing me!! Those were some of the best scents. How can they not make them anymore?? I guess I will have to hoard the Samplers I have left & burn them sparingly... Thank you for the 'consolation prize' though!! That was on my list to get for Christmastime!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP