Monday, November 5, 2007

in case you haven't noticed, i have a major weakness for all things tomato & basil



Bruschetta Chicken over Angel Hair
with Sauteed Zucchini
Sun-Dried Tomato Vinaigrette salad dressing
2 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 large tomato, diced
1/4 cup diced onion (I buy pre-chopped onion & used only about an 1/8 cup because I don't like a lot of onion)
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (although I used 2 teaspoons of the fresh basil in a tube that they sell in my produce section)
2 medium zucchini
olive oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
angel hair pasta
salt & pepper

Preheat over to 375. Put chicken breasts in a plastic bag with enough dressing to coat completely, turning bag several times to make sure all chicken is covered. Refrigerate 10 minutes to marinate. Remove chicken from bag & place in baking dish. I added a little more dressing for moisture while it bakes, cover & bake for 15 minutes. Cut zucchini into 1/2-inch slices. Put half diced tomato in a bowl with onion, half the basil, 1/4 cup mozzarella, and cover with dressing; combine. Flip chicken over, add a little more dressing, cover and cook 15 more minutes or until cooked through. Put on water to boil for angel hair. Put olive in pan, add garlic, remainder of basil, and zucchini; saute over med-high heat, roughly 5 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions. Spoon "bruschetta" mixture over chicken, put back in oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove pasta from heat & drain. Add remaining diced tomato to zucchini (I sprinkled a little shredded mozzarella over it too) and let heat for 2 minutes. Remove chicken from oven. Serve over angel hair with zucchini on the side.

[Please excuse the errant angel hair in the photo. Not my best presentation. Or you can consider this "the windblown look." Tee hee.]

12 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Monday, November 05, 2007 9:03:00 PM  

Looks great Dawn. I'm printing the recipe for my wife, the one person who can cook in this house.

And relating to your last post, if a team thinks someone is running up the score, STOP THEM FROM SCORING.

gail@more than a song Monday, November 05, 2007 10:28:00 PM  

You're like a gourmet cook! It looks so good, worthy of being on tv!

April Monday, November 05, 2007 11:51:00 PM  

That looks really good!! I love bruschetta! Aren't you SO thrilled with this new weather we're having? We were actually outdoors for a few hours doing yard work tonight! Amazing.

Chele76 Tuesday, November 06, 2007 7:38:00 AM  

looks and sounds tasty... I'm going to have to try this one!

...oh and the litteralist (and pain-in-the rear) just can't get the image of one lonely olive in the middle of a huge pan.

kreed Tuesday, November 06, 2007 8:29:00 AM  

Looks great...I love tomato and basil, too so this one is going in my file.

Colleen Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:20:00 AM  

Dawn-Oh Wow! You made this? It looks so delish! and hey thanks for the receipe!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:47:00 AM  

Ted: It's really yummy! And pretty simple to make.

Gail: LOL! Hardly! But thank you for thinking so! =) It's kind of hard to even see the chicken on there with all the tomatoes & cheese!

April: This is the weather that makes it worth living through May-September (and apparently October this year too!).

Chele: =P It's a good thing I like you. LOL

kreed: It was so yummy! I would say it got rave reviews but I am the only one I cook for. My tummy was quite content though! It was rather simple to make too. Always a bonus in my book!

Colleen: Yes I sure did! Just another one of my amazing talents. (And I *almost* managed to say that second part with a straight face. I really did make it though. That part is true! LOL)

Jeanne Tuesday, November 06, 2007 3:46:00 PM  

Ahh I see the little box down there. hehe I check it so you can email me I think. If not its wingsjbaj@webtv.net I'm with you on the smaller sizes. I still have jars from last Christmas I never finished lol. Recipe looks yummy!

Ingrid Tuesday, November 06, 2007 9:49:00 PM  

That looks sooo good, although I DID eat pumpkin seeds for dinner, so pretty much anything looks good. But any recipe with zucchini and shredded moz. is yummy!

jenny Wednesday, November 07, 2007 7:45:00 AM  

This looks delicious! And easy. Which is a definite bonus :)

Anonymous,  Wednesday, November 07, 2007 11:53:00 AM  

Mmmm...I just copy and pasted this one. I can't wait to try it!!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, November 07, 2007 4:12:00 PM  

Jeanne: I emailed you!

Jenny: It's wicked easy! Deceptively so!

April: I will definitely be making it again!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP