Tuesday, November 13, 2007

boys have cooties

well, in this case cooties would be germs.

there are a bunch of guys in the office that have nasty colds. they sniffled & hacked & groaned all day. and then they felt the need to come hover around me & touch all the paperwork. and the copier. and the printers.

i swear. i am travelling in a week. if they get me sick for my Thanksgiving vacation, i am not going to be very happy with them. because not only does having a bad cold make flying miserable, but i really do not want to get my gracious hosts sick. not to mention, it would really really suck to not be able to taste that incredible Thanksgiving feast i know is coming.

guess it's time to call in the zinc & the vitamin C for a preemptive strike.

stupid boys.

13 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Tuesday, November 13, 2007 4:56:00 PM  

Try some AIRBORNE too - I always use that. I hope you don't get sick!!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:09:00 PM  

boys are gross. especially these ones

colleen Tuesday, November 13, 2007 5:17:00 PM  

Get plenty of sleep this week. That'll help too.

Mega Tuesday, November 13, 2007 9:38:00 PM  

I'm usually too busy being excellent to be sick.

david mcmahon Tuesday, November 13, 2007 10:09:00 PM  

Stay of the Diseased Men's Club. Pack in the Vitamin C. And have a wonderful holiday, Dawn.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, November 14, 2007 10:38:00 AM  

Krystyn: I will have to check out Airborne when I go grocery shopping this weekend.

Nichole: *Especially* these ones.

Colleen: I'm trying to! Of course, *now* is when my body decides to revolt against the time change & I'm waking up two or three times a night for no reason at all. I *neve* wake up in the middle of the night.

Ted: LOL! At least you're man enough to admit it. ;-)

Mega: Right. Excellent. =P

David: I am doing my very best to stay out of it! Thank you!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, November 14, 2007 11:02:00 AM  

I say load up on the Airborne..and Emergen-C!!! And spray lots of Lysol in your area. And wipe down the copier/fax/phone with germ-wipes (I do it often! LOL). And drink lots of fluids. And rest up. Doctor April has spoken. ;-)

gail@more than a song Wednesday, November 14, 2007 12:05:00 PM  

Gross boys! Zinc and vitamin C, lots of it and I hope it works...don't want anything messing up Thanksgiving plans!

JMP Wednesday, November 14, 2007 1:09:00 PM  

COOTIES????
I have COOTIES?!?!?!?!

Thank god you told me, I thought they were FLEAS!!!!!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, November 14, 2007 2:08:00 PM  

Dr April: OMG are we related?? LOL! I keep a can of Lysol under my desk, right next to a tub of Clorox wipes.

JMP: OMG I am laughing so hard right now...

JAM Wednesday, November 14, 2007 4:38:00 PM  

I don't know what Airborne is, but Zicam has worked for me. If you feel the first twinges of sickness, take it and it almost totally cuts off the sickness. At least it has worked for me.

Good luck!

kreed Thursday, November 15, 2007 12:43:00 PM  

Hope you steer clear of those cooties...and I have friends that swear by Airborne. It's worth a try!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, November 16, 2007 8:39:00 AM  

So far, so good! Keep your fingers crossed!

JMP: Dr Nichole has also mentioned Zicam to me, I think. I wonder if I should just get some of this stuff to have on hand. Because you know you never have it when you need it. ColdEeze zinc lozenges are the same way -- you need to take them at the first hint of a symptom for them to help. It's easier to have them in the cabinet than to have to schlepp out to the store.

kreed: With all these votes for Airborne, I really think I need to check some of this stuff out. ColdEeze works pretty well, but man, do they leave a gross taste in your mouth.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP