Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Randomness: November 21, 2007

brought to you by Randomness

Giving Thanks

With Turkey Day so near, lets blog about it!
1. How do you celebrate Thanksgiving?
the last two years, i have spent it in California with Nichole & Daniel. good food, good company.
2. Do you cook or go out to eat?
well... me, personally? it's kind of a combination of the two. because i am not cooking, and i do go *to* the food. but it is an awesome home cooked meal.
3. What has been the best Thanksgiving for you? The worst?
my favorite Thanksgiving was the last one i spent with my family, before my Gram passed away. my least favorite Thanksgiving was in... ummmm... 1999. i had a full Thanksgiving meal at my grandparents' house at lunchtime. then we went to Michael's sister's house & i had a full Thanksgiving meal there for dinner. did i mention i worked in daycare at that time? and that there was a stomach virus ripping through the infant room, where i happened to work? wanna guess how i spent all of Thanksgiving night -- with two *huge* meals as the ammunition? ugh.
4. What are you thankful for?
all sorts of things. that i have a roof over my head, food in my stomach, my bills are all paid, and i am healthy. that i have people who love me. that this crazy thing called a blog has brought all sorts of wonderful blog buddies into my circle of friends. that Mike Lowell will be back in Boston (what? you actually thought i was kidding about being thankful for this??)
5. Any special traditions you do?
ummmm... not so much. unless eating til i go into a food coma counts as a tradition. =P

an extra sidedish this week:
1. cranberry sauce or gravy?
ummmm... both, please? i am a big fan of cranberry. and mashed potatoes with gravy is one of my favorite comfort foods.
2. white meat or dark?
white for me. yes, i know it's not as moist. that's why we have *gravy*. ;-)
3. yams, with or without marshmallows?
how about none at all? tell you what. i'll trade you all the yams, if i can have both the cranberry sauce *and* the gravy from question one.
4. stuffing or no stuffing?
it depends on the stuffing. i need to taste it first.
5. pumpkin pie or apple pie?
apple! warm & with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!

6 with their own thoughts:

Janet Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:52:00 AM  

I'm gonna play along!

1. How do you celebrate Thanksgiving?
Eat and cook, clean, and eat some more
2. Do you cook or go out to eat?
The last few years, I've cooked
3. What has been the best Thanksgiving for you? The worst?
I really can't say...
4. What are you thankful for?
What you said, plus my dogs, and having a great boss
5. Any special traditions you do?
Always make chestnut stuffing, and the day after Thanksgiving, I start decorating for Christmas!

an extra side dish this week:
1. cranberry sauce!
2. white meat!
3. yams, without marshmallows
4. stuffing!
5. pumpkin pie!

*krystyn* Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:17:00 PM  

Have a great trip and a very happy Thanksgiving!!

Ted D Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:26:00 PM  

Dawn,

I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving, and be safe in your travels.

"that this crazy thing called a blog has brought all sorts of wonderful blog buddies into my circle of friends"

I'll second that thought.

Colleen Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:49:00 PM  

#3. Your 'worst' is defiantly really bad!! My most memorable Thanks Day? The first time I got my 'Dot' if you-know-what-I-mean. I was 13 and wouldn't come out of the bathroom and we were just about to eat and my male cousin thought I had diarrhea and that's what he told everyone at the table! ---Hmm. Maybe I'll blog about it, HA!

kreed Thursday, November 22, 2007 6:44:00 PM  

Hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving and got your cranberry sauce and gravy!

And I am jealous that all of your pics are organized...I hope to get there someday!

A couple of your name suggestions are on our list and my husbands name is Aaron so I think we may have similar name taste!

Jeanne Friday, November 23, 2007 1:42:00 PM  

Hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Here's a bit of "Thanksgiving" type trivia. Do you know that yams are sweet potatoes that are grown in Louisiana? Saw that on one of those Food Channel shows.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP