Monday, November 12, 2007

crossing paths

so as i was not really working today (what? i didn't really have anything to do! i was too efficient on Friday! i still answered the phones all day. sheesh.) i started thinking about the various blogs i visit & how i found them.

**some are friends i already had.
**some i found through the memes i participate in.
**some were people i "knew" from a couple of message boards i used to frequent.
**some are the results of long boring days at work when i started visiting my favorite blogger's blogrolls.
**some are bloggers with whom i share a common interest.
**some were discovered because i followed a link in someone else's blog post.
**some are people who leave comments on the blogs i visit regularly & i got curious.
**some, i am ashamed to say, it's been so long, i can't even remember anymore.
**some i read all the time but never comment because i feel like i'm intruding on an inner circle (residual high school insecurities, anyone?)
**and some people actually started commenting on *my* blog first.

makes me wonder how you found my blog, started reading, and maybe started leaving comments.

and then i wonder about the people who visit me silently. the people i don't know. and i wonder if i would enjoy their blogs too.

amazing how this whole "blogging" thing can make the world seem smaller.

13 with their own thoughts:

Brian in Oxford Monday, November 12, 2007 2:16:00 PM  

I think it's Dan Mega's fault, in my case.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, November 12, 2007 2:19:00 PM  

Brian: I can't remember if you visited here first, or the other way around, but yes, I agree that it's all Mega's doing. It's kind of fun to blame stuff on him anyway. =P I wonder what else we can pin on him...

Janet Monday, November 12, 2007 3:12:00 PM  

great post! the more time goes by the harder it is to remember who what where!

*krystyn* Monday, November 12, 2007 3:29:00 PM  

I think I found your blog via 2Peas....

~**Dawn**~ Monday, November 12, 2007 4:19:00 PM  

Janet: I know I found yours through Friday Fill-in!

Krystyn: I can't remember who started commenting on whose blog first, but I know it started at 2Ps!

Anonymous,  Monday, November 12, 2007 5:31:00 PM  

It's a crazy blogger world out there! (I found you through Michele's...)
:-)

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, November 13, 2007 12:23:00 PM  

April: You, I knew, from seeing you post on her blog! =)

gail@more than a song Wednesday, November 14, 2007 12:06:00 PM  

I'm pretty sure I first came across you through Stacy! She helps me with everything!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, November 14, 2007 2:09:00 PM  

Gail: I'm going to agree with you that it was through Stacy, although I do not remember who visited who first!

J-Dawg's Realm Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:12:00 PM  

I think 'twas I who visited your little corner of the world first -- not sure how I came to this little spot, but ramdom clicks from random clicks from clicks that just randomly happened -- I am sure glad I did :)

J

Colleen Thursday, November 15, 2007 11:17:00 AM  

I don't know how I missed this post of yours, but I love it! Especially the bit about who reads but doesn't comment. 'Cause we all do it to somebodys! And yes, I'd feel like an intruder too! But not on yours! cause you're fun like that =)

Ingrid Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:40:00 PM  

I can't remember at all how I stumbled into your corner of the internet, but I'm glad to be here!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, November 16, 2007 8:21:00 AM  

J: I'm glad you did too!

Colleen: I'm glad you don't feel like an intruder here. Cause you're fun like that too. =) I really try my best to make people feel welcome to join in the fun!

Ingrid: I'm glad you're here too. Isn't it funny how sometimes you end up at a blog & have no clue how you actually ended up there?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP