Monday, November 12, 2007

i cannot feel the joy



yeah, yeah. AL Gold Glove for first base.
yeah, yeah. AL Silver Slugger for DH.
yeah, yeah. AL Rookie of the Year.

you are killing me, Theo!! do you hear me?!
robbing me of the joy i should be feeling for Youk and Papi & Wee Pedroia.
where is Mike Lowell's new contract?
this dragging things out is unnecessarily cruel.

the window of time during which we get sole rights to negotiate is closing quickly. we are down to mere *hours* now, Epstein.

if this turns out to be nothing more than just a slow & painful death, i am warning you all right now: i may never fully recover.

or as papel-blog put it:
...but I can't start snoozing in front of the TV until I know whether or not the Sox are going to re-sign Mike Lowell. Can't we just rip the bandaid off already? At this point I'd rather watch a continuous loop of footage of Tek batting with the bases loaded than try to follow the non-new news cycle of the Mike Lowell negotiations. I mean, if the Red Sox don't re-sign Mike Lowell, I promise that I will move on and eventually be cool about it. Even though I'll probably have to have his time with Boston erased from my memory Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind style.

except that *I* do not promise to move on & eventually be cool with it.
SIGN. MIKE. LOWELL.

4 with their own thoughts:

Jamie Monday, November 12, 2007 3:58:00 PM  

OMG.
I'm just disgusted that my boy Troy Tulowitzky didn't get ROY.
My whole office is in an uproar.
Congrats to your boy though. :)

~**Dawn**~ Monday, November 12, 2007 4:23:00 PM  

Jamie: I was pretty disturbed by that too. I meant to mention it in my blog, but as you can see I am a little preoccupied by someone not signing my favorite Red Sock! Blame it all on Theo.

Ingrid Tuesday, November 13, 2007 4:14:00 AM  

You're definitely not one of those people that relax in the off season, are you? ;)

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, November 13, 2007 8:46:00 AM  

Ingrid: Normally, I am. But this Mike Lowell business is tremendously upsetting for me. He's my favorite player now that Trot was run off. I'm starting to worry that I am the kiss of death.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP