Thursday, November 1, 2007

Snapshot From Along the Broken Road: October 2007


ha! photo of me! ::snicker::

1) a gift i gave: i cannot say quite yet what it was, but a package was sent to Nichole!

2) something i apologized for: not being a very good friend...

3) the last person i thanked: my boss for saying i could take Christmas Eve off & not be penalized any pay or for using a vacation day if i happen to be travelling for the holidays.

4)the last movie i watched: i didn't watch a single movie this month. it was all i could do to keep up with new tv episodes between watching playoff baseball & some football games. (weird, i think this was essentially the same answer i gave last month...)

5) the best meal i cooked this month: ohhhh... it was "just a sandwich," believe it or not, but it was *so* good. i will post the recipe (which i've been meaning to do for two weeks now!) in just a minute.

6) the last place i ate out: ESPN Club at Disney's Boardwalk, while i watched the Patriots play the Dolphins on October 21.

7) something that made me cry: my own foolishness.

8) something that made me laugh: the following conversation (courtesy of Surviving Grady) between Royce Clayton & Coco Crisp during Game One of the World Series:
Royce: You said if somebody steals a base in the World Series...
Coco: The first time somebody steals a base... Taco Bell is gonna give one taco... to everybody in America.
Royce: To everybody what?
Coco: In America.
Royce: That day?
Coco: I dunno... ::laughs, mumbles something unintelligible::
Royce: What the hell you talkin' bout? It's gotta be that day.
Coco: But there's only like two hours left in the day at that point.
Royce: So what? That's what the deal has to be. How you gonna come in and say, "I ain't got my taco!" You could go to every Taco Bell in the world and say that. "I didn't get my taco!" How they gonna know?

9) the last person i talked to on the phone: Alison

10) someone i'm thinking about today: my friends new babies and how much they are growing & changing already. i still haven't covered their sweet little faces with kisses. =(

11) something i want to remember out this month: watching the Red Sox celebrate their second World Series win in four years. i have never thoroughly enjoyed a Sox team quite as much as i did this year's team. give or take anyone named Julio.

12) a photo i took this month:

6 with their own thoughts:

Chele76 Friday, November 02, 2007 11:16:00 AM  

when I see this mouse, all I can here is "CHEESE!!!!!" ....spoken in a voice not heard for over 10 years now.... lol

~**Dawn**~ Friday, November 02, 2007 11:25:00 AM  

Chele: LOL!!! I totally just heard that in my head! And ummm... I think you mean in ::gulp:: almost fourteen years...

Anonymous,  Monday, November 05, 2007 8:48:00 PM  

omg that is *such* a horrible pic of me! I like the ratatouille one though! And the Taco Bell conversation was hiLARious. I rolled when I heard it. This was funnier than him talking about Zaka-san: "He Ichiro!"

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:51:00 AM  

Nichole: It's a pretty goofy photo of all of us, but it makes me happy because it's a good meemory. =) I can still hear us all cracking up while we're standing there.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, November 07, 2007 4:07:00 PM  

Lisa: You *know* you want a pair! ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP