Thursday, January 4, 2007

horror

i was just thinking about possible Super Bowl matchups.

i obviously have an AFC preference (the Patriots. i shouldn't even have to tell you this!), but if they don't make it (and i am not at all sure that they will), i wouldn't *hate* to see the Jets, Ravens, Chargers or Chiefs playing there. i just really don't want the Colts to make it (again, this shouldn't be much of a surprise to you), though i am not finding that very likely anyway, given their run defense -- or lack thereof.

my thought process was such that if the Colts somehow ::holding back laughter:: managed to finally reach the big game (aka Peyton doesn't do his annual post season choke), i would just root for their NFC opponent.

let's take a look at the NFC teams in the playoffs:

the Saints - my personal favorite
the Bears - wouldn't bother me if they made it, but their play this past Sunday is not encouraging
the Eagles - i am *really* not an Eagles fan
the Cowboys - not so much a Cowboys fan either
the Seahawks - i would rather see the Eagles or Cowboys make it
the Giants - don't care for them either, especially with Younger Doofus Manning Spawn at the helm...

::pauses::
::gasps in horror::

and then it hit me. if the Colts somehow played the Giants in the Super Bowl it would be this again. only worse. and cruel to subject me to this twice in one season.

::shudders::
i don't think i will rest easy until at least one of the Doofuses (Doofi?) are eliminated now.

3 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, January 04, 2007 2:44:00 PM  

Love the musings, but hey, you know how I feel 'bout them Manning boys :) Calling them Doofus Spawn is not nice, hehehe :)

I wouldn't have a problem with the Chargers or Ravens (or even your beloved Patriots, I GUESS!), and you know we're rooting for the Saints. I don't think they'll make it though. They still have a ways to go but they have done good this year (compared to last years abysmal 3-13 record!)

Great post!

Anonymous,  Thursday, January 04, 2007 10:04:00 PM  

you know i need remedial football. and I could find the answer to this question with just a little bit of effort, but I think it's more fun to ask you... What about the Chargers? it's the closest thing to a local team I've got and I think they're doing pretty well!

Anonymous,  Thursday, January 04, 2007 10:05:00 PM  

oh...

doofus -- doofi
esophagus -- esophageese

:-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP