Sunday, January 21, 2007

Snapshots of Saturday: January 21, 2007

on my way to my haircut yesterday morning, saw this shot & was kind of fascinated by it, so i had to stop & capture it. then i got all freaked out by the fact that there might be alligators in there & got back in my car. =P


after my haircut, it was off to Magic Kingdom to enjoy the perfect January day...




decided to go over to Epcot for a while...


i had a really long wait until my Soarin' Fast Pass would be good, so i took the Living With the Land ride. realized that what i thought were some kind of berries were actually coffee beans, saw a baby pineapple, a huge tree full of tomatoes (mmmm...), and, my favorite, the Cinderella Pumpkins.

i also rode the new Nemo ride in the Living With the Seas Pavilion. i can't believe how different the inside of that pavilion is!! then it was off to wander the countries in the World Showcase. where i ran into some people i didn't really expect to see... and then got called "sir"... so i decided i had had enough Epcot and headed back over to Magic Kingdom.

i got there just in time to catch the flag retreat ceremony. i *love* this ceremony. it makes me feel so patriotic. they usually have someone who has served (or is serving) in military assist in the ceremony. (i think my father would love to do this... if i could ever get him down here... but that is neither here nor there.) the Main Street Philharmonic played patriotic music & it was really moving to see all these people standing there, with their hands over their hearts or saluting the stars & stripes as it was taken down & folded for the evening, while the National Anthem was played.


then i wandered around again for a while, just playing with my camera.


then i grabbed myself a yummy raspberry white chocolate chip cookie & a hot dog with sauerkraut for dinner, headed over to the seating area at The Noodle Station, snagged myself a good viewing spot & ate dinner while i waited. when i was done, i snapped some shots of Cinderella Castle until...

...it was time for fireworks!

6 with their own thoughts:

Debi Sunday, January 21, 2007 11:01:00 AM  

I hate feeling so envious...but wow, that sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Saturday! And so many incredible photos! I especially love that first one.

Anonymous,  Sunday, January 21, 2007 12:42:00 PM  

It's kinda weird, but I like the Living with the Land ride. Any news on when they're going to change Soarin' over to the non-CA one?

Can't believe I have to wait til MAY. :-/

*krystyn* Sunday, January 21, 2007 2:53:00 PM  

Hey-I got my haircut yesterday too...and I LOVE that pic of my favorite PLUTO!!!

gail@more than a song Sunday, January 21, 2007 5:01:00 PM  

Your Disney pics are always SO good, looks like such a fun day! When we went last year, I think Soarin was my favorite ride.

Chele76 Sunday, January 21, 2007 8:49:00 PM  

the fireworks pics are *amazing!*

*~*Michelle*~* Monday, January 22, 2007 5:48:00 AM  

Great pics, but WHAT is up with these cell phones??? I am going to be ditching my contract with Nextel soon anyway...I am SO over all that chirping!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP