Thursday, January 4, 2007

Dawn's Thursday Thirteen, Edition Eighteen: Lyrical




Thirteen Lines From Songs That I Especially Love



1) I've longed for you
And I have desired
To see your face, your smile
To be with you wherever you are
("The Promise," Tracy Chapman)

2) 'Cause with you
I'd withstand
All of hell to hold your hand
I'd give it all
I'd give for us
Give anything but I won't give up...
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
("Far Away," Nickelback)

3) Cause it's all in my head
I think about it over and over again
I replay it over and over again
And I can’t take it
I can’t shake it
("Over and Over," Nelly featuring Tim McGraw)

4) Ooh, you see that skin?
It's the same she's been standing in
Since the day she saw him walking away
Now she's left
Cleaning up the mess he made
("Daughters," John Mayer)

5) It's sad to think that some won't find it
And others won't recognize it even when it comes
We're all at the mercy of the will of love
Some people
Some people aren't lucky like us
("Some People," Leann Rimes)

6) Well you think all your anger is justified
Me, I think it's just your wounded pride
What did you really think she was gonna do
She's a real woman
Not a doormat for you
("Man to Man," Gary Allan)

7) Everything I know
And anywhere I go
It gets hard but it won't take away my love
("Here Without You," 3 Doors Down)

8) I don’t know how you do it
I’m not sure how you know
The perfect thing to say
To save me from myself
You’re the angel that believes in me
Like nobody else
("You Save Me," Kenny Chesney)

9) I'll never let your head hit the bed
Without my hand behind it
You want love?
We'll make it
Swimming a deep sea
Of blankets...
I know you're mine all mine all mine
But you look so good it hurts sometimes
("Your Body is a Wonderland," John Mayer)

10) Show me what it's like
To be the last one standing
And teach me wrong from right
And I'll show you what I can be
Say it for me
Say it to me
And I'll leave this life behind me
Say it if it's worth saving me
("Savin' Me," Nickelback)

11) So what made you think you could take a life
And just push it, push it around
I guess to build yourself up so high
You had to take her and break her down
She let her heart and soul right in your hands
And you stole her every dream
And you crushed her plans
She never even knew she had a choice
And that's what happens
When the only voice she hears
Is telling her she can't
You stupid boy...
It took awhile for her to figure out
She could run
But when she did
She was long gone
("Stupid Boy," Keith Urban)

12) Just let me hold you while you're falling apart...
Now it's cold and we're scared
And we've both been shaken...
You may need me here to carry all your weight
But it's no burden, I assure
You tide me over with a warmth I'll not forget
("Ever the Same," Rob Thomas)

13) It's a little and a lot to ask
An endless and a welcome task
Love isn't something that we have
It's something that we do
("Something That We Do," Clint Black)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



6 with their own thoughts:

Jane Thursday, January 04, 2007 12:42:00 AM  

Hi,

I love the John Mayer song. My favorite lyric from that song is about the sea of blankets. I love lots of blankets so that just resonated with me! Great list!

Scribbit Thursday, January 04, 2007 1:10:00 AM  

My favorite musicians are people like Sting, Paul Simon, Nora Jones who have fabulous lyrics. Almost poetry in themselves.

Laura Thursday, January 04, 2007 2:21:00 AM  

nice lyrics to share.
my tt is up.

Raggedy Thursday, January 04, 2007 3:03:00 AM  

Great list!
Have a wonderful Thursday!
I like the song playing on your blog!
My TT is up

Chickadee Thursday, January 04, 2007 12:17:00 PM  

I like that song Daughters by John Mayer. Unfortuantely, it's one I can relate to on a painful level. But it's a good, good song.

My 13 is up.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, January 04, 2007 2:47:00 PM  

Ooh, some really good songs and artists here. I love John Mayer, Keith Urban, Clint Black, but of those, you have me ready to hear Rob Thomas. Ever the Same is my favorite song on that CD. Must go click it up on my iPod. Right.Now.!!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP