Friday, January 6, 2006

thinking of you...


in loving memory of my Gramp...
1.30.1918 - 1.6.2003


Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles
I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Yeah when I get where I'm going
Don't cry for me down here

I'm gonna walk with my grand daddy
And he'll match me step for step
And I'll tell him how I missed him
Every minute since he left
Then I'll hug his neck...

(excerpt from "When I Get Where I'm Going" by Brad Paisley -- VideoCodeZone didn't have it avaialable yet =( but you can listen to it by going here)

has it been 3 years...?
miss you. very much.

6 with their own thoughts:

Francine Friday, January 06, 2006 7:44:00 AM  

What a beautiful entry. Hugs to you.

*krystyn* Friday, January 06, 2006 9:36:00 AM  

*HUGS* - I know the feeling- it was 11 yrs for my grandma on 12/09/05.

*~*Michelle*~* Friday, January 06, 2006 9:53:00 AM  

That's a nice tribute. Grandparents are very special. I was never able to know mine, and Emily will never know hers. That's been the thoughest part. Hold on to your memories!

Anonymous,  Saturday, January 07, 2006 7:49:00 PM  

Yeah.. Gramp was amazing. It wasn't until after that I realized I didn't know anything much him, beyond his farming skills and his patience to drive us everywhere. I know he was a great baseball player back in the 20's.. I know that he was drafted into WWII less than a month before it ended. I knew quite a bit about Gram's childhood and growing up, but the above is it when it comes to Gramp.

Weirdly, I never felt compelled to know his background.. everything he gave us was more than enough. But I guess now I wish I had a larger piece of him to look at.

I know we'll see him again, but that knowledge doesn't numb the pain of loss or the need to prevent passing memory.

~Lora =^..^= Monday, January 09, 2006 2:25:00 AM  

(((HUGS))) to you....Your sweet grand daddy was probably helping my little baby up to heaven on that day. My son Alex passed away on the same exact day when he was only 22 days old...Such a HARD DAY for both of us I am sure.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP