Friday, January 1, 2010

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: December 2009

photo of me


1) current candle scents:
Mistletoe. Christmas Eve.

2) what i am reading this month:
Watching Baseball:Discovering the Game Within the Game (Jerry Remy). Joy in Mudville: The Big Book of Baseball Humor (Mort Gerberg). I Heard That Song Before (Mary Higgins Clark).

3) top three songs i was drawn to:
"Song for a Winter's Night," by Sarah McLachlan. "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" by The Carpenters. "Let It Be Christmas," by Alan Jackson.

4) movies i saw:
PS I Love You. The Wedding Planner. A Christmas Carol (the George C Scott version). The Nativity Story. Home Alone. A Christmas Story. Elf. It's Wonderful Life. plus the requisite classic Christmas specials: A Charlie Brown Christmas. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. and the new Disney special, Prep & Landing, which will definitely be added to the rotation! 12 Monkeys. Vertigo. Wild Hogs.

5) favorite tv moments of the month:
the Dexter season finale. my jaw is still on the ground.

6) something yummy i made:
Christmas cookies!

7) some place i ate out:
Cafe Orleans at Disneyland.

8) something that made me cry:
Publix commercial. again. this time it's a Christmas one. i'm telling you, these people rival Hallmark.

9) something that made me laugh:
Nichole & Renee decorating Christmas cookies.

10) this month i looked forward to:
giving Christmas gifts.

11) something i want to remember about this month:
the joy Christmas brings me.

12) a photo i took this month:

6 with their own thoughts:

Carrie Monday, January 04, 2010 12:05:00 PM  

Love the picture with Santa, his suit is so nontraditional, but traditional Christmas at the same time. Love it.
I absolutely love, love the George C Scott version of a Christmas Carol. It is not Christmas until I pull that DVD out and watch it a few times, been my favorite since I was a kid!

Jeanne Monday, January 04, 2010 9:51:00 PM  

Love Santa's outfit. You know what fragrance I'm digging is "Christmas at the Beach" very nice! Must plug ears so I don't hear about Dexter. Haven't seen it yet, waiting for the dvd.

Janet Tuesday, January 05, 2010 9:14:00 AM  

Ahhh, I see the changes and I like! And I'm with you on that Dexter season finale...holy COW!!!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 05, 2010 9:39:00 AM  

Carrie: He was such a nice Santa too! He was at Big Thunder Ranch in Disneyland for their Christmas theme!

Jeanne: I just burned a "Christmas at the Beach" over the weekend! No Dexter spoilers here! Just a jaw-dropping reaction. The whole season was fantastic from opening scene of the premiere to the fade out of the finale. My favorite season so far. Lithgow was a phenomenal addition to the cast this season too. But NO ONE seemed to see the ending coming. Can't wait to find out your reaction once you get to watch!

Janet: I *still* can't get over the ending.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:54:00 PM  

Great picture of the tree, is that yours?! And my goodness, you watched a ton of great movies :)

Happy 2010, Dawn!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 08, 2010 10:06:00 AM  

Stacy: That is indeed mine! I *love* my tree. =) I did watch a ton of movies this month! I always have to watch all my favorite Christmas ones & it helps that most shows are doing repeats most of the month. And then, with the repeats, I caught some other movies I'd recorded too. And believe it or not, some on the list I watched MORE than once! Happy 2010 to you too!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP