Sunday, January 17, 2010

20 Questions: January 17, 2010

1. What drink are you usually found sipping with dinner?
almost exclusively water. unless i am visiting Nichole and Daniel. then i'm served water in addition to whatever the host provides.

2. If you were to publish your autobiography, what would the first sentence be?
"It was a dark and stormy night..." no, no... that won't do. hmmm... how about... "I bleed red." (quite possibly also the title. though why anyone would wish to read such a thing is way way WAY beyond me.)

3. If you could own any building in existence, which one would you want?
Fenway Park. it is my mecca.

4. My parents are:
both blue-eyed.

5. Do you get excited when the season begins to change? Which season do you most look forward to?
i got more excited when the seasons weren't Hot, Hot-n-Humid, Hurricane and Perfect. but i am starting to be able to discern the subtle changes here. (took me nearly eight years to do it!) and yes, i love them. i especially look forward to the season of Perfect (what the rest of you call "Winter," typically followed by a groan), which reaches its glorious peak with the blooming of the orange blossoms. back when i lived where there were seasons of a more traditionally recognized sort, i looked forward most to Autumn, which has weather quite similar to that of Perfect here in Florida. it's just less colorful here. i also really look forward to enjoying the progression of seasons on the blogs of those who actually have them in recognizable ways.

6. What's on your to-do list?
file. run the dishwasher. put away the laundry. do some more laundry. stalk the payroll company's website, waiting for my W2 to become available so i can file my taxes.

7. How many glasses of water do you drink a day?
i drink two bottles of water while i am at work. and two-three glasses of water in the evening at home, usually.

8. What do you get the most compliments about?
my hair. seems everyone loves the short, flippy hair.

9. Where have you been on the Internet today?
Blogger. Gmail. Google Reader. my bank. Bright House. Verizon Wireless. Tumblr. Facebook. a few various blogs. MLB.com. Boston Globe. Picasa Web Albums.

10. When you travel, what kinds of souvenirs do you like to bring home for yourself?
usually just photos. they don't cause clutter.

11. What would be one thing that would embarrass you a great deal?
one thing?? well...anything that makes me the center of attention, i guess. i hate being in the spotlight. no having a restaurant full of people singing to me, for example. yuck.

12. What non-blog-or-email-related website do you visit regularly?
the Red Sox website.

13. There's this girl I know who:
doesn't give herself enough credit for how awesome she really is.

14. If you were wishing on a star right now what would you wish for?
one long weekend per month. we get spoiled in November & December and then nothing all the way til *May*.

15. Where do you usually get your hair cut?
a salon in Clermont. and not "usually." *always*.

16. What other windows do you have open?
Gmail. Google Reader. Tumblr. not in other windows though, just tabs in this window. i have my Twitter widget are open as well.

17. So many people use Twitter now and many of the people we follow on Twitter are those whose blogs we already read, but some new friends join the circle through Twitter. Who are some of your favorite e-buddies discovered specifically through Twitter?
discovered through Twitter?? jsbsox (but her account is private). ikesuzy (also private). StuffinMyBrain. i have to be honest. i have a hard time remembering who i found on Twitter & who i followed on Twitter because i already read their blog.

18. What were your school colors?
preschool-grade 8: purple & white. high school: maroon & white.

19. Where did you get the shirt you are currently wearing?
i think from the Red Sox website shop. or some other online store that sells Sox tees.

20. What shows/movies are currently saved on your DVR?
The Nativity Story. It's a Wonderful Life. Prep & Landing. Absolute Power. PS I Love You. this week's Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice--i already watched them but i might wanna watch them again, so i haven't deleted yet.

8 with their own thoughts:

Nichole M Monday, January 18, 2010 3:11:00 PM  

7. I don't measure it in glasses. I measure water intake in LITERS.

20. I deleted all the Christmas movies from my DVR. Cuz when I look at them now, they make me sad.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, January 18, 2010 3:17:00 PM  

Nichole:
7. Yeah, see, I just don't consume that much liquid. If I drink too much, I feel gross. I've never been a big drinker, so I keep something to drink near me at all times to be sure I get enough, but if I drank as much as you did, I would slosh when I walked & feel icky.

20. I don't own either of those movies, so I keep them. I will watch "It's a Wonderful Life" any time of year. "The Nativity Story" was recorded in 2008, when I had free HBO for a year as compensation for messing up my invoicing for three straight months. Don't have HBO anymore so I plan to keep it there til I own it.

*krystyn* Monday, January 18, 2010 10:32:00 PM  

Yay for Disney w/Nichole & Daniel in a week!! I can't wait 'til it's my turn!!! I may swipe this Meme...(as usual, right?)

Mega Tuesday, January 19, 2010 10:29:00 PM  

#6: Email Dan and Brian some happy emails

penuttpie Thursday, January 21, 2010 12:26:00 AM  

i really should start doing something like this. it would be so fun to go back and reread! where do you find these?

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:31:00 AM  

G: I pull them from all over. Some are my own, some are from old memes & surveys or inspired by things I see or read. I just keep adding to my list & doing them twenty at a time. =)

penuttpie Tuesday, January 26, 2010 9:10:00 PM  

i might have to start borrowing some from you :)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 28, 2010 8:56:00 AM  

G: Have at it girlie! I share well! =D

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP