Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday Stream of Consciousness: January 25, 2010

i am really excited to be starting with the things i have been planning for my blog now that my year-long Grace challenge is complete. some of them have already made their "soft debut"--such as Sunday's "20 Questions," I Want Wednesday, and Tuesday's "A Picture's Worth"--while others will make their first appearance this week. today is the first time i am doing my Monday Stream of Consciousness. basically, i am sitting down with an open blog post & setting the timer for five minutes. and i'm just going to write about whatever happens to be on my mind. i will correct spelling errors but i'm not going to waste time breaking into paragraphs. Thursday will bring a new "series" called Memory Lane, which could be a memory that has surfaced for me or an old photo i've scanned in, maybe even both in some cases. Friday will be my "Action Series": i have compiled a whole long list of "action words" to use as a springboard for blog posts. i have no idea where this will take me, but i'm curious to see. Saturday will be a "Slice of Life," which i have done in the past & want to resume--simply a photo from that week. i am not limiting myself to *just* these posts, but i did want a built-in framework to guide me through my week. having a preset "format" takes the pressure off me deciding what to blog. and... there's the timer!

6 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:13:00 AM  

great ideas. i would try this one but since all i seem to do lately is complain, well, i'd lose the 3 readers I have left. i do feel the need for something "regular" on my blog though...been lacking both material and motivation to blog lately, but want to keep at it. any suggestions?

Valerie Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:39:00 AM  

I can't wait to see everything you have in store!!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:25:00 PM  

Ooh, lots of fun things around here! Very creative and very well-rounded, can't wait to see and read :)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:03:00 AM  

Thanks, girls! I hope it works out as well in reality as it has in theory! =)

Samantha Thursday, January 28, 2010 4:08:00 PM  

i love your structure. and i commend you for blogging everyday. it's something i'd love to do (or at least blogging "regularly") but i have trouble dedicating time each day or week. always a pleasure reading your blog. keep up the good work! :)

~**Dawn**~ Monday, February 01, 2010 9:40:00 AM  

Samantha: Thank you! I probably should have picked a better week to attempt starting this though. I was so busy last week that by the time I got home, it was time for bed.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP