Wednesday, January 6, 2010

not a day goes by...


(Gramp and Dawn, October 1978)

...that i don't think about how lucky i am to have had him for my Gramp.

...that i don't remember some small memory or tidbit or characteristic about him.

...that i don't miss him terribly.

...that i don't find it shocking that it's been seven years since he passed away.

...that i'm not thankful to be able to remember him this way.

...that i don't believe he wasn't an earthbound angel for just short of 85 years.

5 with their own thoughts:

penuttpie Thursday, January 07, 2010 9:14:00 PM  

dec 28. i feel the same way. breaks my heart.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Thursday, January 07, 2010 10:56:00 PM  

Awww, such a sweet picture :) My mom has been gone about that long, so I know how you feel {{{hugs}}}

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 08, 2010 10:14:00 AM  

Stacy: Thank you! I am so grateful to have been given so many of these old family photos. They are one of my most cherished possessions. =)

ErinSlick Friday, January 08, 2010 2:54:00 PM  

Dawn, this brought tears to my eyes, because I feel the same way about my grandfather. He died on Dec. 21st when I was 14 and I HATE that my kids have never known him.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, January 11, 2010 10:00:00 AM  

Erin: We were so lucky to have such special men worthy of being missed so much.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP