Sunday, January 24, 2010

20 Questions: January 24, 2010

1. What's the last sporting event you watched?
hmmm... i guess that would be the Vikings-Cowboys playoff game last Sunday. i didn't see either of this Sunday's games because i was at Epcot.

2. The world could do without:
bananas. mean people. Joe Buck. humidity. cockroaches. and telemarketers. (just to name a few.)

3. What is the farthest you have ever been from home?
California.

4. What is your favorite kind of cereal?
Special K Red Berries. but i have to pour in just a little milk at a time because soggy cereal grosses me out.

5. Four sports teams you like:
Boston Red Sox (duh). New England Patriots. Arizona Cardinals. Anaheim Angels (when they aren't playing the Sox).

6. What is it time for right now?
adding an extra day to the weekend.

7. You wake up and discover that it's a rainy, dreary day out. Does this affect your attitude at all or do you tend to stay happy no matter what the weather is doing?
the weather doesn't affect my mood unless it stays the same for a long period of time. one rainy dreary day is just a nice break.

8. What is the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon?
watching baseball. don't care if i am at home, sprawled on the couch, or at the baseball field.

9. What is your favorite appetizer?
these.

in fact, i'm pretty sure i could exist solely on Caprese Bites for a considerable length of time.

10. Why did you pick the outfit you have on?
because i am getting ready to go to bed? (pajama pants & a tank top)

11. How sensitive are you to cool temperatures?
i like them in short bursts, no more than a couple of weeks at a time--i find it refreshing. i do NOT like five months of Winter (hence why i no longer live in New England) nor do i like to be cold & wet from digging my car out of a snowbank or slopping through a slush puddle that was posing as solid ground under a thin layer of snow cover. i also do not like when the office feels like i am working in a meat locker.

12. What's your favorite blanket like?
soft. fuzzy. tan with an Autumn leaves pattern. just the right size for snuggling up on the couch to watch tv.

13. Did you go to public school?
only for high school. before that i went to a Lutheran school from preschool through grade eight. i'm really glad that i went parochial. i would send my own kids to a Lutheran school in a second.

14. Are you scared of bees?
i don't mind them when they aren't buzzing around my person.

15. How many lurkers do you think you have that read your blog, but never comment? Have you ever been successful at getting them to say hello? Do you mind the lurking? Are you a lurker? Or do you try and comment every time you visit?
i would say i have about thirty people who comment regularly. and probably a good hundred that silently lurk (i can *see* you all, by the way!) i don't know that i have ever convinced anyone to reveal themselves. i don't mind the lurking to a point, but it does weird me out a bit when people come back, day after day, for hours at a time, digging through all my archives & *never* say a peep. it's the internet & my blog isn't private, but if you're that interested in reading so much about me, the least you could do is say hello! i do lurk on some blogs, but usually the ones that have a huge following. i do my best to leave a comment on any blog where i feel i have something to contribute though. it was one of my personal goals that i tackled in 2009 that i felt i could cross off the list as a success.

16. Desktop or laptop?
yes, i have both. i use my laptop more frequently on a daily basis, because it is convenient, but i use my desktop a fair amount too. i archive a second copy of all my photos there. i have my entire iTunes library on it. it's attached to my external hard drive where i store a backup of all my music & a third copy of all my photos (both backed up the first of each month). my desktop also has Microsoft Office on it (laptop doesn't), plus it's attached to the scanner/printer.

17. What is your favorite kind of cheese?
it depends on what i am using the cheese for. but just to eat plain? Monterey Jack. i think it stems from my childhood. that's the cheese my grandparents always had on hand.

18. What is the oldest thing you own?
my grandparents wedding portrait...no, wait. my Gram's Catechism. i have some wonderful family heirlooms. not many of them, but what i do have i cherish dearly.

19. How did your car get that little scratch/dent? (Because let’s face it, we ALL have car stories, right?)
ha! right after i started this job, one of my co-workers backed into it with a golf cart. there's a gouge on the rear bumper. he offered to have it fixed but...eh. i have a love-hate relationship with this car. he's lucky it wasn't my old Altima though!

20. Which would you rather do: the dusting or the vacuuming?
vacuum. it's fast. it's easy. it doesn't make me sneeze. and it leaves those nice lines in the carpet.

3 with their own thoughts:

gail@more than a song Monday, February 01, 2010 8:16:00 PM  

Oooh, did you make those tomato appetizers, caprese bites? They look so good! How do you make them?

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, February 03, 2010 11:08:00 AM  

Gail: I didn't make them but let me consult the chef. He may be willing to share his recipe. ;-)

gail@more than a song Friday, February 05, 2010 3:11:00 PM  

I totally understand, sometimes they might just like to have things/recipes that are theirs, so no problem! They make a pretty picture though!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP