Sunday, January 17, 2010

Grace in Small Things 360:365

1. one week from today, i get to hang out with two of my favorite people at one of my favorite places. it's been *way* too long since we Disney'd Florida-style together!

2. a gorgeous breezy day here in Central Florida.

3. having a hairstyle that can not only handle the breeze, but often ends up looking better when it's windblown (something nearly impossible to fake!).

4. a fantastic analogy of a healthy relationship that a friend of a friend posted on Facebook: "When my hubby & I first got together I had told him that we were like trees, growing beside each other. We were both very different in many ways & the same in others. We've lived different lives & had different experiences that made us who we are. I told him that as long as we worked together to grow together we would be fine. However, if one person (tree) becomes more controlling & begins towering over the other one, a constant struggle/battle for survival will begin & eventually one tree will die. You can't live like that."

5. i may be one of only three Brett Favre fans remaining, but *damn* does it make me happy when he throws touchdowns. i wish more professional athletes would get that excited about their game.


Visit Grace in Small Things

4 with their own thoughts:

Nichole M Monday, January 18, 2010 2:53:00 PM  

To take the tree analogy one step further, it's like you're two trees standing side by side. Growing together. Branches intermingling. Sharing life that lives in trees. But separate.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, January 18, 2010 3:08:00 PM  

Nichole: Yes! I love it, I love it, I love it. This tree analogy just works so perfectly.

*krystyn* Monday, January 18, 2010 10:33:00 PM  

what two kind of trees CANNOT exist next to each other? That would be the analogy for me and O!

ROFLMAO. I couldn't resist. Sad but true.

Samantha Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:52:00 PM  

one of my favorite analogies, as well. :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP