Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Want Wednesday: September 23, 2009

about a month ago, K started doing these weekly "I Want Wednesday" posts. i've been mulling over getting a few regular weekly posts into rotation on my blog, in between all the random drivel, especially now that i am in the home strecth of my Grace in Small Things challenge. i will admit that i loved the way the Grace posts made me really observe the details of my life that are so easily overlooked & i am very glad that i participated, but my regular-style posting has also taken a considerable hit. i'm looking foward to when i'm not composing daily posts of a specific nature, to be honest. but i do like the "predictable structure" of regularly-scheduled recurring posts (sort of along the lines of my monthly Snapshot posts) as well. i have some other ideas cooking, but they likely won't debut until the Grace posts conclude (try not to hold your breath, though i know it's tempting--heh!), however i felt compelled to get this one off the ground because wow! so many fun things out there that i'm discovering! mostly they are "pipe dreams" but i think it will be fun to look back & see what goodies caught my eye as time passes! (ok fine, fun for me, but that's really what we're all about here, no?)

and now without further delay (ahem. quiet in the Peanut Gallery.)...

I Want Wednesday presents:

**Shutterfly recently released their new holiday greeting card designs for 2009. i know it's still really early, but i had to browse just a bit. get some ideas churning in my head, see what kind of photo i can scare up for my cards this year & then somehow manage to choose a design to suit it! so.many.fun.options. brain.may.explode. but for just a passing moment, I Want to live in Boston, just so i can use this one! (with my own photo of course.):


**I Want to stock up on new Autumn Yankee Candle scents.

(top: Be Thankful, Almond Cookie, Autumn Fruit. middle: Lakeside Birch, Boo!, Vanilla Pumpkin. bottom: Moonlight Harvest, Farmers Market, MacIntosh Spice.)

**i think these little purses in the Japan pavilion in Epcot are so happy & cute! I Want one...but i don't know if i like the light pink one better or the darker pinkish-red...


**I Want this shirt from Disney because it makes me laugh.

12 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Wednesday, September 23, 2009 3:54:00 PM  

I love doing these posts too!! Fun aren't they? I like the little purses & say go for the darker color - dirt won't show as much that way.

I need an explanation on the shirt because I cannot tell exactly what they are doing. It's cute still though!!

Candles -YUM!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, September 23, 2009 4:00:00 PM  

K: I *love* them. I think they are a great idea!! The shirt: you've seen Finding Nemo, right? Look on the upper right corner of the shirt. ;-)

*krystyn* Wednesday, September 23, 2009 4:08:00 PM  

OK - um...I have either NOT seen the movie all the way through or need to see it again. :)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, September 23, 2009 4:14:00 PM  

K: If you don't remember the seagulls then you definitely need to watch again. ;-)

Nichole M Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:22:00 PM  

I haven't tried Be Thankful yet. But Autumn Fruit is yummy (I was doubtful), Lakeside Birch is awesome, Vanilla Pumpkin is better than I thought, Moonlight Harvest is good.

I wish they hadn't gotten rid of Autumn Woods! :-(

MINE!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:00:00 PM  

Nichole: I am so excited to get my hands on some of those scents. I haven't made it to the store yet, but I hope to soon. It does bum me out that they don't bring back some of my favorite scents. I am still missing Warm Apple Crisp. Miiii-INE!

Chele76 Wednesday, September 23, 2009 9:08:00 PM  

this evening I will be lighting candles and saying 'mine' repeatedly to kitten when he gets near them.

mine.

Pink Banana Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:05:00 AM  

I love the Yankee Candle range. We don't seem to get the scents you do over here. They're usually so far behind here. Do they still have McIntosh on it's own there? I was so annoyed when they stopped doing it here. My favourite scents are McIntosh, Winter White, Clean Cotton and Beach walk(I think that's what its called).

Go for the darker purse. Like K said, it wont show the dirt as much. Although the lighter pink is cute too.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, September 24, 2009 10:58:00 AM  

Chele: Good luck with that. ;-)

Andie: Isn't that shirt hysterical??

Pink Banana: They do still have plain MacIntosh too. Right on their website. =)

Jeanne Saturday, September 26, 2009 1:46:00 PM  

Oohh what a cool idea and love that card too. 'sigh' had such an amazingly perfect day in Boston it was so hard to leave. Like the idea of a 'regular post' thing. I do one similar to your snapshot but this looks like a fun one too. Good scent choices!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, September 28, 2009 9:06:00 AM  

Jeanne: I just love the way Boston "feels." =) I like the regular post idea too, to mix in with the more random posts. Something consistent that doesn't require a *ton* of thought, since the framework is there. How many of those scents do you already have? ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP