Thursday, September 10, 2009

excuse me?

this morning, as i turned into the driveway for work, i was behind a truck from our local electric company. it appears he was stopping to do a meter reading.

(let me interject here that we have six parking spaces in front of the main office building. three of them were occupied. the remaining three spaces were in one group between two of the parked vehicles.)

he pulls in to park and...

proceeds to park DIAGONALLY.

across. all. three. available. spaces.

i sat there, in the driveway, wearing an expression that i can only say felt like bewilderment crossed with disbelief. (you know, since i couldn't actually see my face to verify that's what it looked like as well.)

oh but it gets better.

as i sat there, slack-jawed, eyes bugging out of my head, he looked at me. i tilted my head, indicating his parking selection inquisitively. he started to walk away, toward the meters, i assume. i felt my eyes widen as my eyebrows smacked into my hairline, they shot up so violently.

and then. oh *then*.

he rolled his eyes at me, did this full-body shudder of disgust, AND HUFFED HIS WAY BACK OVER TO HIS TRUCK. because heaven forbid he actually have to park considerately at a place of business. how *dare* i be so demanding as to inconvenience him by needing to park my car?! i have some nerve, wanting to park where i work & thinking getting into my job could possibly be as important as what he was doing.

he kind of made me hope he'd step on a fire ant hill or walk through a stray spider web.

11 with their own thoughts:

Judo Rhapsode Thursday, September 10, 2009 12:17:00 PM  

Good story. Fire ants and stray spider webs is some funny stuff.

I enjoying reading your work before I got off to school. Your blog and a bowl of cereal is the tops.

Fidgeting Gidget Thursday, September 10, 2009 1:19:00 PM  

Yeah, I know how you feel. I had to run an errand for work today and I was out driving and there was a huge mowing service truck with a trailer blocking the entire right hand lane of traffic. It was on a hill, too! The worst part was that there was a huge open driveway right beside where they were parked....MORONS!

Julie Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:44:00 PM  

Oh, the nerve of some people. It's mornings like that that make me want to turn the car around, drive home, and go back to bed! :o)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, September 10, 2009 2:50:00 PM  

Judo: Glad to hear it! =)

Julie: It wasn't a long trip for me to feel that way about going back to bed this morning either. =P

Samantha Thursday, September 10, 2009 4:17:00 PM  

can i please share my "annoying parking lot story" with you? it happened two days ago. i was parking at sport chalet, which is always very busy. the only spot i could find was next to this giant truck who parked about 10 inches over the line. i squeezed my tiny car in the spot (knowing the driver of the truck wouldn't be able to fit in his driver side door, but that's HIS problem, right?) well he actually came out, looked at me, looked at our cars and had the nerve to say to me, "YOU parked kinda close to MY truck." I'll spare you the rest of the *conversation* between us but it had something to do with me offering advice on how to park between the lines.
(p.s. thanks for listening!)

Ted D Thursday, September 10, 2009 8:53:00 PM  

That deserves a swift kick to the gibleys. And speaking as someone who has the gibleys, he'd deserve it.

justem Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:24:00 PM  

So annoying. I seem to attract people like this, as these types of things always happen to me. Ugh!

penuttpie Saturday, September 12, 2009 12:00:00 PM  

wow...
that's just awesome.
and by awesome i mean he's a dbag.
don't you just love people like that? he sounds just like a teenager. clearly the world revolves around him.
haha

Optimistic Pessimist Sunday, September 13, 2009 8:17:00 PM  

This would drive me nuts. I have massive parking issues where I work. I have a reserved spot, which I PAY for and people knowingly park in it from time to time. I usually flip!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, September 14, 2009 6:19:00 AM  

Samantha: People really have an amazing capacity to be such tools sometimes, don't they??

Optimistic Pessimist: OMG, if I *paid* for that spot, you can bet I would have parked so that he could NOT get out of that spot. =P

Colleen Monday, September 14, 2009 3:30:00 PM  

Yowsa! That would get me steaming too!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP