Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fringe: Season Two, Episode Two "Night of Desirable Objects"

times i jumped nearly out of my skin: 1
things that left me wondering: 4
laugh-out-loud Walter moments: 3
scenes i hid behind my blankie peering around a corner: 6

if you watch Fringe & you haven't watched this week's episode yet, you probably want to stop here.

---------------------------------

this show frequently scares the bejeezus out of me. i still can't stop watching it though, so i've taken to watching it during daylight hours, because i've learned that i need to not sleep for many several hours afterward if i want to avoid nightmares that wake me up in a cold sweat & with my heart pounding in my ears. so i watched this morning with my blanket close at hand. you know, because i need to have it at the ready to hide all but the corner of one eye behind when the action intensifies...or the music indicates the potential for something creepy to occur.

this episode, that included when:
1. the construction worker went investigating in the corn field.
2. the creature was scuffling around underground.
3. Olivia was in Hughes' farmhouse lab & heard breathing.
4. Golightly was curiously watching the blue glow approaching his car.
5. Hughes was preparing to hang himself (i *hate* hanging scenes; they skeeve me out horribly).
6. Olivia got yanked into the hole--which also qualifies as the time i jumped so high, i believe i was fully airborne.

it's good that they temper the show with comic relief, in the character of Walter, during which my heart rate can return to normal. like when Walter:
1. said "Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours."
2. was in the corn field doing his little little jig of delight over all the possibilities.
3. told Peter he planned to use the bathroom in 23 minutes & would need help unzipping his fly because his hand was numb from some unidentified goo.

i'm also left wondering:
1. *what* is the deal with the typewriter room? where does that mirror connect to? who is on the other end of it?
2. "Charlie." are they going to figure him out in time? why does he look like he's in pain? was it from being shot at or is something else going on?
3. Olivia's advanced hearing & who is Sam? has he been to an alternate universe too? what will he do to "put Olivia back together" & help her with these side effects? and what other side effects are there, in addition to the increased sense of hearing & these headaches that are supposedly "coming?"
4. who else has been in an alternate universe? Nina Sharp, we assume? what about Walter? and Peter (at some point, at least once, if we are thinking that is where he originated)? and the "shape-shifter Charlie?" do they all suffer side effects? we are led to believe Nina possibly did, if she knows about Sam. what about the others?

man, this show makes my brain work overtime. which is precisely why i can't watch it before bed. i can't just forget about it in a half hour, so heading off to dreamland with it still fresh in my head...bad idea.

6 with their own thoughts:

Fidgeting Gidget Sunday, September 27, 2009 1:11:00 PM  

I am left wondering many of the same things you are. I still think there are a lot of loose ends they never tied up from last season---like ZFT and the bald headed guy that we used to see in every episode in the spots where the weird stuff would happen. I'm going to say that maybe he's the guy on the other end of the typewriter. Or maybe it's Bell, in the alternate universe. And there's something I don't like about Nina Sharp. Especially when she kissed Broyles...because for some reason, I have recently developed the hots for him...kinda. And I'm going to say that Olivia being a test subject back in her youth has something to do with her senses being heightened now...because otherwise, wouldn't Peter have them, too, since he's from the other universe? So many questions. This is why i've bought the first season on DVD and plan to go back and watch with a fine-toothed comb.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Sunday, September 27, 2009 6:35:00 PM  

We love this show too, and watch it religiously :) Like you, I'm often too scared to watch and am constantly throwing up my hand, or a pillow or a blanket to cover up the scream. When she got pulled in, I screamed so loud that the dog jumped up and barked and Tim fussed at me for scaring him!

Walter is my absolute favorite, he just makes the show for me :)

Oh, and I just assumed Charlie is in pain from the shape shifting thing. I had forgotten about Peter, Tim had to remind me of that...

LB @Wait, She Said What? Monday, September 28, 2009 2:39:00 AM  

I love this show! I'm excited when I see it waiting in the DVR. The underground human eating thing, I named it a Leprechaun-Gremlin from hell. I don't really know why but it seemed to fit at the time.

I absolutely loved the peed in the gene pool line from Walter. Best. Line. Ever.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, September 28, 2009 8:54:00 AM  

FG: There are definitely a lot of loose ends still out there, but I like that they force you to keep your eyes & ears open, waiting for them to surface again. I don't think the bald guy is a bad guy. The thing about Olivia's heightened hearing, though, is that it didn't happen until she jumped universes. I'm with you on Nina Sharp though--very suspicious.

Stacy: I'm glad I'm not the only one who needs to hide! ;-) I didn't scream when she got yanked in because I think I went mute from fear-ha!-but I wasn't kidding when I said I may have been airborne. I startled BIG time! I'm starting to wonder if the pain the "Charlie" feels is another side effect from going back & forth between universes.

LB: He reminded me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings! That Walter line may be one of my very favorites of all time. I can think of a couple of people to which it truly applies. ;-)

Julie Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:41:00 PM  

Ohmygosh, I love this show! Quite possibly because Joshua Jackson is so great to look at. :o) Haha! No, really...it's so creepy. When that thing grabbed Olivia, I too jumped so high I scared the dog!!

WHOA!! What's this about Peter being from the other universe?? Where did I miss that?? Come to think of it, I don't think we saw EVERY episode last season...hmm.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, September 29, 2009 2:57:00 PM  

Julie: This is *definitely* not a show where you can't miss episodes! ;-) The Peter thing was in one of the last episodes of Season One, maybe even in the season finale.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP