Sunday, May 17, 2009

Grace in Small Things 115:365

1. being able to turn off the a/c & open my windows for a while tonight.

2. my laptop. sitting on my couch relaxing & catching up on my Google Reader is much more comfy than sitting in the other chair using the big computer. plus it's easier to see the tv.

3. an overcast day. sometimes i need a break from all the sunshine. what can i say?

4. the Sox are done on the West Coast for 2009. which means no more going a week without seeing a whole game because i can't keep my eyes open past the third inning. i miss my boys!

5. coming to the realization that i really & truly have put the past the behind me. i am no longer aware of the fading scars. i don't waste any precious minutes rehashing or reliving past transgressions. they have been bandaged & tended & healed. i am at peace. i can look at their factual existence with clear eyes & say "so what? i have risen above. i am just fine." my life in the here & now is *so* *good* that i no longer glance in the rearview mirror at the shadows.


Visit Grace in Small Things

7 with their own thoughts:

Unknown Monday, May 18, 2009 8:05:00 AM  

On #5....Cool! I take it that the excess baggage has be dropped off at Goodwill and the closet is nice and clean and has received a proper airing out!! Congrats to you!!!

"May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And until we meet again,
May God hold you
In the palm of his hand."

*krystyn* Monday, May 18, 2009 9:09:00 AM  

I can't wait 'til I can post #5.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, May 18, 2009 10:24:00 AM  

You know what it is, Marc? Something jogged my memory about the past (can't even recall what now) and my reaction was a mere shrug of dismissal. It happened. Whatever. It's like talking about a skinned knee you got as a kid. It was the worst thing in the world at the time but now? Just another meaningless blip over the course of a life.

K: I can't wait for you to get there either. And I know you will.

Candace Monday, May 18, 2009 10:57:00 AM  

Dawn,

I love reading your posts because I often feel that you and I are coming from the same place. I was really struck by the last item on your list. I have gotten to this point, too, and I know the feeling of peace and freedom that comes with it.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:38:00 AM  

Candance: Comments like yours always make my day. It's *good* to connect with people, to feel understood. =)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:49:00 PM  

Janet: I must get more profound as the day wears on or something! ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP