Friday, May 8, 2009

exercising cautious optimism

here's the thing about Julio Lugo: yes, he's had two solid games in a row. when it comes to him, i *want* him to do well (he's in one of our uniforms after all) but i just don't expect it to happen. ever. so yeah, two productive games. my reaction: at this point, i am still just waiting for him to pull the rug out from under us with a classic E6 performance. so while i am pleasantly shocked, two good outings amidst two-plus seasons of horrifyingly painful ones does not my trust gain.

on the other hand, the Sox sure do seem to like the sixth inning lately huh? an AL record-tying twelve runs scored before an out was recorded during yesterday's sixth inning against the Tribe. then, tonight, the JayBay Special--a game-tying three run jack (i've clearly been listening to Eck too long!*)--followed two batters later by JD going yard with Lowell on second, and suddenly the Sox go from being on the wrong side of things to all lit up on fire!

game one against the Sunbeams is in the books and the Sox notch a 7-3 win. of course we won the first game of Tampa's last visit to Fenway too, so like the Lugo Situation, i'll not be foolish enough to count my chickens before they hatch. but that doesn't mean i didn't enjoy the outcome!

*can you just imagine all the Eck-inspired lingo Don is going to sneak into the games on Remy when he returns?? i can't wait to hear the sweet sounds of RemDawg's uproarious laughter the first time Don says something about Beckett's "cheese."

2 with their own thoughts:

Brandi Saturday, May 09, 2009 4:46:00 PM  

Hi, Dawn! Thanks for checking out my blog & leaving a comment.

You weren't kidding when you said you're a Sox fan. :)

Now I have to admit that I didn't really start following the Rays until we moved here last summer. We've moved around a lot & always start cheering for the home teams when we hit a new location. It was just a coincidence that the Rays ended up going to the World Series during the same year! The Bucs and the Lightning, however, did not have seasons nearly as successful...but we still cheer for them all!

By the way, I thought the game today was supposed to be on Fox? Maybe it's because we're in Ponte Vedra right now, but I turned to Fox and they're showing the Braves game. What a drag! I am just watching the score on the Rays web site for now. :(

Thanks again for stopping by & I am glad to "meet" another local blogger!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, May 11, 2009 7:03:00 PM  

Brandi: I can understand how that would happen! I grew up in a place where you rooted for either Boston teams or New York ones. And in my family, you did NOT root for New York. ;-) You have a good reason for being "new" fans though! I won't include you in my references to Rays "fans"--promise! I can't believe you didn't get the Rays-Sox game! You would have enjoyed that one a lot more than I did. =P

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP