Wednesday, May 13, 2009

funny thing, perspective.

back in Connecticut, i would have defined drizzle as a soft misty gentle pseudo-rain, so light that it was truly no more than a mere half-step above walking through fog: slightly more precipitation with improved visibility. you might get slightly damp but it was more like moisture-laden air than actual rain.

here in Florida, i define drizzle as any rain that does not hurt when it hits you.

oh & that former "Connecticut definition" of drizzle? that's what we call 'humidity' in these parts.

8 with their own thoughts:

Anna Kauz Wednesday, May 13, 2009 9:42:00 PM  

Ok, I take my last comment back, its been raining for 3 1/2 hours straight... and yes, part of that would hurt me!! Its crazy, yet oh so good :)

ME Thursday, May 14, 2009 12:01:00 AM  

I agree 100%. I live in CT, and have been to FL many times. I stopped complaining about how humid it is up here. I loved your description as well. It's a pleasure to read your Blog each day.

Brandi Thursday, May 14, 2009 7:48:00 AM  

Agreed! I only had to drive about 5 miles to get to yoga last night, but I had a few close calls in that rain! And upon arriving at the studio, we found the roof leaking. LOL! Last night was a lot of rain, though...I'm looking forward to the more consistent 15-minute storms as rainy season progresses. :)

kreed Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:11:00 AM  

Gotta love rain in the south! My favorite always was when you had to pull over while driving because you literally couldn't see the front of the hood of the car no matter how hight the wipers were turned up!

kreed Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:14:00 AM  

I think I might have just tried to comment form my husbands acoount...I guess I shouldn't be trying to blog before coffee!

Anyway, I was just fondly remembering the pounding rain in Memphis...the kind where you think it might be hailing instead of raining because it hurts so much when it hits you!

Beth Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:53:00 AM  

Too funny...Being a NJ transplant in Texas I sooooooo get where you are coming from!!

Love your blog...Your passion for the Red Sox rivals my love for the NY Giants!

Thanks for sharing!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, May 15, 2009 9:38:00 AM  

Anna: Crazy because it usually never rains that long down here!

Lyn: I think the real difference is that it stays humind in CT for like 10 minutes compared to 8 months down here. Or so it seems. ;-)

Brandi: The all-evening-and-night rain is definitely out of the norm for us. It makes it much easier to get things done when you know a 30-minute storm around dinner time can be scheduled. We do really need the rain so much though that I can handle this for a while til we catch up some.

kreed: Nope! both comments by you! =) You are so right. It scares me to drive in rain like that. It feels like driving on a sheet of ice in a blizzard whiteout! It is insane how hard the rain can come down!

Beth: Does it rain like that in Texas too? When I moved to Florida, I had never seen anything like it before. When my friends back in CT tell me it's raining, I just want to laugh! That's not rain! ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP