Sunday, May 10, 2009

Grace in Small Things 108:365

1. i got startled when something landed on my arm yesterday & just as i was about to freak out that "ack! bug! on my arm! getitoff!!" i saw that it was just a ladybug. and then i smiled. i remembered a little saying my Gram used to repeat when she would find a ladybug in her house. she would go outside on the porch with it & release it saying "Ladybug, ladybug, fly away home! Your house is on fire, your children will burn!" which, wow, *morbid*. but still such a sweet memory. (don't judge me!)

2. the Sox won a series against the Rays! FINALLY.

3. we sang one of my very favorite hymns in church. well, technically i just mouthed the words. i can barely talk. singing is not even an option.

4. lounging around & not feeling guilty about it since all my housework was done on Saturday.

5. fresh clean towels that smell like Bounce dryer sheets.


Visit Grace in Small Things

5 with their own thoughts:

Samantha Monday, May 11, 2009 7:49:00 PM  

i'm having flashbacks about that ladybug poem. you're right.. it is morbid. too funny.

Anonymous,  Tuesday, May 12, 2009 3:41:00 PM  

Funny, the poem was slightly different where I grew up, and only a little less morbid: "Ladybug, ladybug, fly away home; your house is on fire, your children, alone!"

Janet Thursday, May 14, 2009 3:46:00 PM  

I remember that saying, too :-)

Nichole M Friday, May 15, 2009 8:49:00 PM  

I remember the lady bug poem, too! I never really knew what the point was, tho.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, May 18, 2009 10:07:00 AM  

Nichole: I *still* don't know the point, other than Gram used to say it when she would set a ladybug free! LOL!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP