Thursday, May 18, 2006

SPF: May 19, 2006



The Assignment:
For THIS Friday, May 19th, 2006

I am inspired by Wave of Modulation. She takes my breath away. Not only with her pictures, but her words that are so real, raw and soul squeezing. This week…it’s about WoM.

1. Something Discarded

2. Lay down on the ground and find something ugly and make it beautiful.

3. Take a picture in the style of the person that inspires you.

#3 is wide open - meaning if you took a picture that you wouldn’t have normally taken, but you thought, ‘hey so-in-so would love this’. Share with us your inspirations!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

1. Something Discarded

my something discarded is a tiny spiral of metal that gets stripped off of the amusement wheels hubs we manufacture at work. the hubs have to be absolutely perfect & identical in their dimensions to provide optimum safety & performance so they are machined down to the milimeter on high speed lathes--the blue tint is actually a result of how hot the metal gets when they are trimmed down at high speeds. these bitty shavings are then discarded.

2. Lay down on the ground and find something ugly and make it beautiful.

ok, i wasn't *laying* on the ground but i was squatting down very close to it when i captured this shot at Epcot. these ugly little guys were chowing down non-stop on leaves & stems. they aren't particularly attractive in & of themselves, but the vibrancy of their colors & the flora in the background certainly does improve their looks some--in my opinion anyway--and soon they will be even more beautiful!

3. Take a picture in the style of the person that inspires you.

my friend Andie is by far my photography inspiration--especially when it comes to shots taken at Disney World! i love that she looks for angles & content & opportunities that are not the norm. by looking at her photos, i have learned to observe the world around me from a different perspective--the one only *I* can have. i feel like my photos are finally capturing the moment as i see it--thanks to the way her amazing photos have shown me to look through my viewfinder from my own unique point of view. this photo from the Japan Pavilion at Epcot is a prime example of her effect on my photos.

17 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Friday, May 19, 2006 1:17:00 AM  

Great photos. I like the blue spiral discarded from the amusement park ride, and your "inspired" photo is beautiful - the way the sun is shining through the clouds.
I played too

Lee Friday, May 19, 2006 7:06:00 AM  

those are fantastic shots...you nailed them all!...I played too :)

Debi Friday, May 19, 2006 7:09:00 AM  

Oh wow. That photo of the Japan Pavilion is stunning! An absolutely gorgeous shot.

Anonymous,  Friday, May 19, 2006 7:59:00 AM  

You did a great job! The bugs remind me of the caterpillar guy in A Bug's Life. LOL These are awesome pics.

Happy SPF! I played too.

Irish Church Lady :) Friday, May 19, 2006 8:24:00 AM  

Very kool pics, Dawn. Ya I'd say you nailed it too! Mine are now up.

Happy Friday!

hemlock Friday, May 19, 2006 10:08:00 AM  

Absolutely awesome pics!!! Your shot of the metal spiral is so cool.

Happy SPF!

I played at The Ramble Room.

Unknown Friday, May 19, 2006 10:15:00 AM  

Your photos ROCK. All three of 'em.

Jana Friday, May 19, 2006 10:39:00 AM  

Great pictures!

I played!

CameraDawktor Friday, May 19, 2006 10:39:00 AM  

Hey that was great! Love the Japanese inspired photo, that's brilliant!

Thanks for checking out my blog and seeing that I played.

Anonymous,  Friday, May 19, 2006 10:41:00 AM  

Great photos!
I played, happy SPF!

Unknown Friday, May 19, 2006 10:46:00 AM  

That blue thing looks cool.

Diggin' those twin catapillars. I wish I had a garden with bugs in it.

Nothing can beat the Disney sunset. I love Epcot. So jealous you live so close.

I played.

Anonymous,  Friday, May 19, 2006 11:01:00 AM  

Fantastic! i bet your friend is honored!!
and those bugs...whoooooaaaa they are cool looking!

Good job!!

Tina M Friday, May 19, 2006 3:39:00 PM  

Ohh, your pics are great! even though they are kinda ugly right now, I would have taken that photo also.

I played too.

Lisa Friday, May 19, 2006 4:58:00 PM  

Dawn, your photos are so inspired (and inspiring!) this week.
Great SPF and I played too!

Dawn Saturday, May 20, 2006 11:03:00 AM  

Your photos are stunning!!! I love the caterpillar one (we have spent the last couple of weeks learing about butterflies in school :) ). Each of your pictures is wonderful. I haven't played yet but plan on it!

Thanks for sharing those pictures!

take care,
Dawn

A Girl From Texas Saturday, May 20, 2006 5:00:00 PM  

Wow. Those are fabulous. I would have been so hung up on "finding" the perfect shot. You made them the perfect shots.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP