Wednesday, May 31, 2006

blog prompt just for Nichole

Nichole did a prompt on her blog today. i initially left my answers in her comment section & then after the fact thought it would be something interesting to put into my own blog as well--tomorrow being the start of hurricane season & what have you...

If I had 15 minutes to evacuate my home before it was to be destroyed by a hurricane, what 10 things would I grab (not including people and pets)?

here's what i would grab:

1. my camera case (which contains my camera, the cable, extra batteries, extra memory card, sunscreen, lip balm, advil, bandaids, and my WDW pass--remember this baby goes to WDW with me LOL so it is *stocked*!
2. my CD case (which contains all my backed up files, including those of my photos, and my very favorite CDs)
3. my purse (which has my wallet, sunglasses, keys, some makeup, more advil & bandaids, feminine supplies, a book, gum, cell phone, charger, lotion and Lord knows what else! LOL)
4. my lunch bag (which contains a stash of snacks that are non-perishable, still more advil, toothbrush, listerine, floss, handi-wipes, purell, a travel-sized deodorant, and some mints)
5. my computer--and i am electing that the whole system counts for this (CPU, monitor, speakers, keyboard & mouse)
6. my box of photos (these are old family photos that could in no way be replaced)
7. my LL Bean backpack (which contains 2 spare changes of clothes, a container of baby wipes, my grandmother's Bible, my dad's hymnal that he received at his confirmation, my Catechism that I received at *my* confirmation, and a few other items of sentimental value) **ETA: bomus!! remembered that all my important documents & paperwork are also still in there from when i moved!
8. a case of water
9. flashlight
10. gas can

and yes, i could have all that ready in 15 minutes. i have all of it within easy reach & always packed all the time anyway though not for any precautionary measures. in fact lunchbag & purse are usually in my car already--or right by the door, at the ready. then it would just take a quick trip to my closet (LL bean bag & box of photos), take the whole batch out the garage at once to put in the car, toss in the flashlight, gas can & case of water while i am out there. one last trip in to get the CD case, the camera case & the computer from the office. in fact it would take me about 5 minutes to grab everything but the computer which would leave me 10 to untangle all the cords! =P

4 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, May 31, 2006 4:51:00 PM  

LOL! You've obviously thought about this a *lot* more than me. Then again, I don't really have to think about it. If we get a big earthquake, we're all pretty much screwed... :-P

Unknown Wednesday, May 31, 2006 6:37:00 PM  

No hurricanes here...no earthquakes, either. Just tornados and of course fire to worry about--my biggest fear.

Our photos would be among my list of must-grabs. Too precious to not have!

xoxo,
Becca

*~*Michelle*~* Wednesday, May 31, 2006 6:50:00 PM  

You are too funny -- all those bandaids and Advil...We will call you Florence Nightengale! :) If I have 15 minutes to evacuate, I am just gonna come to your place -- you are already prepared.

*krystyn* Sunday, June 04, 2006 8:56:00 AM  

Good to see that you are prepared to evacuate in the event of a hurricane. Hope you never have to do that though!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP