Monday, May 15, 2006

rain, rain, go away...

washed out. the Sox had one game cut short & two completely called on account of rain this past weekend. that makes a grand total of three rained out games so far this season. and there's a 50% chance for showers during the Orioles-Red Sox game this evening--as is indicated by the symbol i borrowed from the Baltimore weather forecast. not much can be done about the rain, i know, other than to take the wait-and-see approach. however, all the rain delays reminded me of a song sung by Terry Cashman (not even sure what else he sings but my father has some cds of his baseball music anyway) that my brother was so kind to listen to & copy down the lyrics for me, since i can't find them anywhere online. (how's THAT for a run-on, confusing sentence! LOL)

anyway. i leave you with some song lyrics that resonate from my childhood and daytrips with my dad & Josh to Cooperstown and being raised on a summer of America's pasttime...

keep your fingers crossed that the Red Sox get to take the field tonight before the momentum they picked up from taking two-of-three from the Yankees last week gets dampened by that horrific loss against the Rangers in the five-and-a-half inning game on Friday night.


RAIN DELAY
(sung by Terry Cashman)

There was sunshine on the diamond
Just an hour ago.
What a day for a ballgame,
I'd got me a hot dog and a Coke.
Now they're covering up the infield;
The umpire has called play.
I search my pocket for my raincheck;
Lord, I hate these rain delays.

But life's a lot like baseball
If ya know what I'm talking about.
Sometimes you win.
Sometimes you lose.
Sometimes you're rained out.

Oh! the sky's as black as midnight;
Umbrellas spot the stands.
But when the clouds are all cried out,
I'll bet the sunshine comes again.

'Cause life's a lot like baseball
If ya know what I'm talking about.
Sometimes you win.
Sometimes you lose.
Sometimes you're rained out.

1 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Monday, May 15, 2006 3:23:00 PM  

You have much more sophisticated song taste than I do... the first song I thought of was "rain, rain go away" followed by "I'm Only Happy When It Rains."

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP