Wednesday, March 1, 2006

reality bites

i was out blog-hopping this evening & happened upon this entry on "silly as it sounds"--it caught my attention.

i know it will come as shocking to many of you, maybe even alarming...or possibly just bizarre...but i have never watched the modern phenomenon known as "reality tv". ok that's a fib. i watched the first 10 minutes of the very first ever episode of Survivor. that was enough for me. the closest i get to reality tv now is "What Not to Wear" on TLC.

"how can this be??" my reality-hooked friends puzzle. "how can anyone not anticipate every moment of this real life drama?"

i share with you my comment on the aforementioned blog entry:

never got into reality tv myself. i have enough reality in my very own everyday. when i watch tv i want to *escape* reality. i want unrealistic, predictable outcomes that tie up neatly in 30 or 60 minutes please. even my dramas i want to be very clearly UNreal--like "Ghost Whisperer"--or still able to reach a tidy conclusion in the allotted amount of time--like CSI. as long as i get to escape reality, i'm happy.

and what REALLY irks me is that there are more reality shows on tv now than unrealistic (oh c'mon...as if reality tv is THAT realistic lol...) dramas & sitcoms. I AM RUNNING OUT OF QUALITY SHOWS TO WATCH HERE PEOPLE! i am stuck with almost entirely reruns.

and all i wanted to do was get a little mindless relaxation & entertainment...
*sigh*

1 with their own thoughts:

Lisa Carroll Saturday, March 11, 2006 4:29:00 PM  

LOL! I've always said myself that if people really had any idea just how FAR from reality that "reality TV" actually IS, they'd die of shock!

I've started to watch a few of them, but after about three episodes, they got REAL old! LOL

I'm with you... carry me away to fantasy land...... ;)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP