Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Ten on Tuesday: October 28, 2009


(one of these times, i will actually post *on* Tuesday...)

10 Favorite Movie Moments

1. Father of the Bride (the Steve Martin remake): when George Banks sees his daughter Annie in her bridal gown before her wedding.

2. S&TC: the movie: the scene in the street, when Carrie sees Big after he didn't show up for their wedding, and she hits him with her bouquet, then collapses in Charlotte's arms, devastated, and Charlotte won't let Big near her or even say anything. tied with the scene when Charlotte tells Carrie she's so happy, she's terrified. both scenes always makes me tear up.

3. It's a Wonderful Life: at the end, when everyone who knows George Bailey brings money to help him.

4. Liar Liar: in his office, when Fletcher is trying to lie by saying his blue-inked pen is black. it ends up forcing him to write all over the place, including himself & he crawls out from under his desk finally saying, "The pen is blue, the pen is blue, the goddamn pen is blue!" i *still* laugh thinking about that.

5. Jerry Maguire: in the locker room, when Jerry tells Rod "help me help you" & Rod totally loses it, making fun of Jerry.

6. Toy Story: when Mrs Potato Head says to Mr Potato Head, "I'm packing your extra pair of shoes, and your angry eyes just in case."

7. The Thomas Crown Affair (the Pierce Brosnan remake): i love the part in the museum with all the guys in bowler hats.

8. Tombstone: when Doc Hooliday surprises Johnny Ringo, who is expecting Wyatt Earp, with "I'm your huckleberry."

9. Field of Dreams: when Ray finally gets to play catch with dad.

10. Elf: this one also gets a two-scene tie. the scene in the locker room when Buddy hears Jovie singing "Baby It's Cold Outside" and at the end when everyone is singing "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town."

9 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Wednesday, October 28, 2009 2:29:00 PM  

SATC - right on!! Two of my faves too. I think I need to watch that movie this weekend!!

Elf!!! love it!

Scott Wednesday, October 28, 2009 3:20:00 PM  

Good choices, you have a good memory for movies. The Toy Story one still cracks me up.

Nichole M Wednesday, October 28, 2009 5:31:00 PM  

My favorite Elf scene is when buddy launches off the couch to put the star on top of their stolen Christmas tree. And also when he answers the phone at his dad's work: "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"

Ted D Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:52:00 PM  

About Father of the Bride. Pretty sure that'll be me one day, only I'll be tanked because I can't deal with it.

Chele76 Wednesday, October 28, 2009 9:53:00 PM  

I *still* crack up often when I hold a blue pen! lol

Lisa Michelle Wednesday, October 28, 2009 10:56:00 PM  

I have never seen It's a wonderful Life. Never.

The Thomas Crown Affair I haven't seen either.

Otherwise, I have seen all these movies and like the parts you have pointed out. All of them are great!

Bored Housewife Thursday, October 29, 2009 11:32:00 AM  

I like when Elf eats the cotton ball and goes up the escalator.

Valerie Friday, October 30, 2009 4:20:00 PM  

Liar Liar is one of my ALL TIME favorite movies!!!!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, November 04, 2009 12:48:00 PM  

Scott: Let's just say it's a good thing I had a whole week to prepare for this. ;-)

Ted: You'll be fine. George Banks was. Eventually. ;-)

Chele: The pen is blue.

Lisa Michelle: You've never seen It's a Wonderful Life?? Oh girlie. I haven't seen the original Thomas Crown Affair, but the remake is definitely worth it. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP