Sunday, October 4, 2009

Grace in Small Things 255:265

1. my apartment has officially been decorated for Halloween!

2. Edy's Grand Mud Pie ice cream.

3. Jed Lowrie's first career home run!

4. the Sox sweep the series. this sure has been a big final series for my boys!

5. with the Sox going to the post season, i am aware how lucky i am as a fan. the season has ended for many fans today & they have to say goodbye to their teams for the Winter. i get bonus baseball. i am on borrowed time now & truly grateful for the last remaining games.


Visit Grace in Small Things

7 with their own thoughts:

Optimistic Pessimist Sunday, October 04, 2009 10:42:00 PM  

when i read that your apartment had been decorated for halloween i thought "holy crap that's early," then i realized it's really not. damn...it's october already.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, October 05, 2009 6:24:00 AM  

Optimistic Pessimist: I know what you mean! I have no idea where 2009 went.

Lisa Michelle Monday, October 05, 2009 10:44:00 AM  

Ice Cream is one of my largest weaknesses...UGH...

J-Dawg's Realm Monday, October 05, 2009 10:11:00 PM  

Yes, today is the end of the season for my Orioles, however I think they were mathmatically eliminated May 21st? LOL Its OK I still love my O's...will root for your BoSox to make it all the way - HOWEVER if the Rockies make it ... sorry, but i have some loyalties to the Rockies :)

Brandi Tuesday, October 06, 2009 8:06:00 AM  

When I got home from St. Louis on Sunday morning (a little after midnight), I noticed that our neighbors had Halloween decorations up and I wondered "why so early?" OMG, we really *are* in October, aren't we? And I'm going to Howl-o-Scream next week, duh! Where has 2009 gone, indeed???

And I know what you mean about borrowed time for baseball! I have now officially switched over to cheering mode for the Cardinals, since my *real* favorite team is out. But who knows how long I'll get to see them play? ::sigh:: The end of baseball season is so, so sad!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, October 06, 2009 8:44:00 AM  

Lisa Michelle: Ice cream is it's own separate food group in my home. ;-) This particular one was Edy's Slow Churned which is made with some skim milk in place of some of the whole milk. You'd never know though!!

J-Dawg: Long as you root against the Yankees, we're good. ;-)

Brandi: I can find someone to root for right til the very end, mostly because it means still watching baseball. I dread the end. I do every single year.

G. B. Miller Tuesday, October 06, 2009 7:13:00 PM  

Hi.

Found your blog while surfing Blogger last weekend.

Will explore further, but for now, I would like to say that its quite nice.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP