Monday, October 19, 2009

Grace in Small Things 270:365

1. wearing a light sweater. it's nice to wear something different after a long long Summer of short-sleeved and sleeveless tops.

2. we had the door open all day at work today, letting in the fresh air. fresh air is so underrated.

3. my understanding of the importance of "doing nothing." i know how much i need to step back, to recharge, on a regular basis. i read a book, browse a magazine, watch a baseball game or a favorite show on tv. i watch my friends swirl around me: harried, frazzled, wild-eyed, exhausted, scattered, frustrated, overwhelmed. i think they must find me slightly crazy for loving my boring life, but these are the same people who openly envy my sense of calm. it's no great mystery really. it's important to me, so i make the time. it's something like when They tell you that you need to factor "entertainment money" into your budget alongside the bills & the savings. you make time for doctor appointments, to exercise, for running errands, to volunteer, for going to church & parent-teacher conferences...and and and. write it in your planner if you need to, but never ever underestimate the importance of "doing nothing" & not making a big ordeal about it. just do it.

4. the red teams (the Angels & Phillies) won their games! go red!

5. snuggling under my puffy comforter, cozy & content, when i am slightly drowsy.


Visit Grace in Small Things

5 with their own thoughts:

Reverend Ref + Tuesday, October 20, 2009 11:41:00 PM  

1. wearing a light sweater. it's nice to wear something different after a long long Summer of short-sleeved and sleeveless tops.

Let's see . . . two weeks ago we had lows in the lower single digits and highs in the upper teens.

Last week God apologized and we had lows in the upper 30's and highs in the mid 60's.

This week is truly October, with lows in the 30's, highs in the 50's, some rain, some snow.

Sweater nothing . . . bring your coat.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:36:00 PM  

OP: Doing nothing is the secret to my sanity. ;-)

Rev: May I state, for the record, that the high was a (wonderful) 67 degrees & the low was 42. That's about 20 degrees cooler than normal for us this time of year!

Rachel Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:53:00 PM  

I do envy your ability to do nothing. I have days of doing nothing.... mostly whole weekends full of doing nothing. But during the week I'm so busy that I lose my mind!

kreed Monday, October 26, 2009 1:12:00 PM  

#3. I needed the reminder - thanks! Now if I could just follow your fabulous advice and lose that wild-eyed, frazzled look!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP