Sunday, October 11, 2009

Red Sox Retrospective: 2009

1. regardless of the outcome, there isn't a single other team in MLB that i would rather be a fan of. i love this team. i love them with a fiery passion. there are some guys i like more than others (ahem) but i do so love my Sox.

2. we are only guaranteed 162 games. the rest is bonus, borrowed time that i will soak up every second of as the clock winds down, knowing i will miss these faces for a long dark Winter. how many days til pitchers & catchers report?

3. i would rather not advance past the ALDS than to be forced to root for Mark Teixeira. he showed his pinstripes well last off-season & i've not regretted his choice in teams for a solitary second. there are some guys i hope never to see in Boston whites.

4. can we *please* sign JayBay now? please?
-----------------
side note: interesting observation. i haven't heard a single Angels player or fan utter so much as a breath of anything sounding like "MLB rigs the post-season" or "there is a conspiracy theory that makes sure certain teams advance" this year. can anyone explain that to me?

5 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Sunday, October 11, 2009 8:31:00 PM  

Well said, Dawn. And I couldn't agree more. We'll get 'em next year.

Joe B. Sunday, October 11, 2009 11:39:00 PM  

I get you on Teixeira (and his horrible wife). But I really do feel like since Manny, this lineup needs an obvious anchor, and not all this surprise lineup of the day stuff. It's like we have a bunch of 3-hole/5-hole guys (nothing wrong with that, of course, when we're talking about Victor, Youk, and Bay) and not a complementary big-time cleanup guy. A set lineup every day would be nice, but maybe Tito disagrees. He's got the two rings, not me.

That said, I enjoyed the season a lot, and actually was more irritated at the Pats loss today than the Sox loss (good feelings for McDaniels aside), and my wife felt the same way, and we think it's because we never got the feeling over the last few months, weeks, days, whatever that this was the Sox's year. So now I'm a huge Angels fan. Go Halos! Wooooo!

On another note, your banners always rock. How long after the game did it take for this one to go up? Five minutes? 10? Hee.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, October 12, 2009 9:57:00 AM  

Joe: I don't know... switching up the lineup sure does work for a lot of other teams. Look at the Angels as a first example; they have a pretty fluid lineup. If changing it up keeps things fresh & plays to the strengths of who has the hottest bat, I'm all for it. I think our biggest problem wasn't lineup so much as not being able to hit on the road. I am sure some changes will be made. I would like to see Alex back & be the starter; his glove cannot be matched by the other options. I would like JayBay back in left. I really hope we let Lowell finish out his contract, even if that means he splits time between 3B & DH. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see Papi or Papelbum go; cash in on those chips while we still can. I'm not ready to talk about Tek...

Yes, go Halos! And Phillies/Rockies--whichever team has the better chance of beating the Dodgers.

Ha. Thanks. I've been toying with them for a couple of weeks. I do like having a Halloween theme but I cannot take down the Sox one til the season ends. ;-) It went live about 8:30 last night.

Matty Tuesday, October 13, 2009 11:41:00 PM  

Something tells me this is the year for the Halos. And their manager deserves it.

Phillies over the Dodgers.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, October 16, 2009 1:18:00 PM  

Matty: I'm rooting for the Angels & the Phillies. What can I say? I'm drawn to red. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP