Monday, October 5, 2009

Grace in Small Things 256:365

1. pulling a top, one i wasn't sure i liked, out of the back of my closet, and receiving several compliments on it. i stand corrected! ;-)

2. walking into work & finding my desk still nice & clean, just the way i left it.

3. i love looking around my apartment & seeing all my pumpkins & ghosties.

4. a very generous fellow Sox-fan blogger, Kim, sent me some Sox magazines she had duplicates of in her collection!

5. i'm going to go on record here, as the unpopular vote, i know, but i will always love watching Brett Favre play the game of football--his joy is infectious for me, and while we're on topic, to be fair, he should get the same credit for doing that Sears commercial that Peyton got for poking fun at himself--and i would find some kind of smug pleasure in seeing him go all the way this year. just because. (not that i am rooting for him over the Patriots, because i don't root for anyone over New England, but as a second option? absolutely.) we'll just say that i enjoyed Monday Night Football immensely.


Visit Grace in Small Things

5 with their own thoughts:

Lisa Michelle Wednesday, October 07, 2009 11:11:00 AM  

I am liking you more and more everyday. I sure hope the Vikes can make it all the way too!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, October 07, 2009 11:41:00 AM  

Lisa Michelle: What can I say? Prior to all the media nonsense (and yes I hold them primarily responsible for all this hashing & rehashing of his retirement status, because let's face it: if they didn't ask him 4700 times what he plans were, he would be able to think in peace & then make a statement when he actually had a decision. and if a team wants to put up with him hemming & hawing, then that is their choice. quite frankly, if I retired & someone persued me relentlessly, offering me millions of dollars for one year of work, I can't say that I wouldn't change my mind, and I don't think there are many people who would. /rant)...Where was I? Oh yeah. Prior to all this media circus, he was one lf my very favorite football players of all time. Whatever his attitudes or shortcomings, when he steps out on the field, he loves what he does. I love that in a professional athlete. I enjoy watching him play. That doesn't & has not changed. The nice thing about having a player you like *not* play for your favorite team is that you can root for him where ever he lands. =) So this year? Patriots first, Favre/Vikings second, tied with Warner/Cardinals because I <3 Kurt too. If it can't be my Wee Wes & the Patriots, then I would be happy to see either of them do well--but I think Favre has the odds better stacked in his favor. =)

Fidgeting Gidget Wednesday, October 07, 2009 3:39:00 PM  

Dawn, I actually felt the same way watching him on Monday! I loved his comeback with the Jets, I love to watch him play, I just HATE the way he goes about deciding whether or not to play. This see-saw I'm retired/I'm not retired thing is just annoying and very childish. But when he's actually out there on the field, I hate to say it, but I LOVE to watch him.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, October 07, 2009 4:09:00 PM  

Gidget: I think I have a different perspective on his decision-making process. When I have a decision to make--especially a big one--I hem, I haw, I see-saw & waffle & change my mind a hundred times, weighing every option, before I finally make my decision. I'm a Libra; it's what we do. (And coincidentally or not, so is Favre!) The only difference lies in the fact that every 27 seconds, someone in the media is either asking him what he's going to do or re-hashing what has already happened. If they were to hound me about my decisions the way they do him, everyone in the world would be frustrated & annoyed with me too! Because I would do the exact same thing. You just have to let me be while I work it out & when I make an announcement, all on my own without prompting, then it's official. By all rights, he *did* say he retired this year. But then the Vikings came a-callin' & pursued him like a smitten lover, throwing millions of dollars at him. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I'd come out of retirement for that! ;-)

Jeanne Wednesday, October 07, 2009 8:03:00 PM  

Isn't he just the biggest kid. Although I hate to see him not in a Packers jersey and OMG Vikings, the joy he has for the game is beautiful. Glad those magazines of Kim's were something you could use. Happy to 'introduce' to fellow Sox fans. Former Northeasters and now Sunshine State residents you two.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP