Saturday, July 4, 2009

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: June 2009

photo of me


1) current candle scents:
Mango Peach Salsa and Summer Holiday (a long retired scent, which smells like "a calming blend of ocean air, salt mist roses, beach plum and seagrass," according to Yankee Candle, for those of you wondering).

2) what i am currently reading:
Faithful (Stewart O'Nan and Stephen King)--yes, still, but i'm kind of keeping pace with the actual season timeframe as i go, and yes, i know i'm a dork, which quite honestly, you should have figured out by now. Jewels (Danielle Steel)--which, yes, total fluff reading but it's one of my very favorites, the characters and the story, and i needed something brain-candy-ish after finishing America Alone (Mark Steyn).

3) newest music i added my playlist:
none, though i have a list a mile long that i'd like to. saving pennies right now though, between the wedding-related spending i've done and the fact that my car insurance renews soon--hello, highway robbery.

4) movies i saw:
The Taking of Pelham 123.

5) something yummy i made this month:
Grilled Chicken and Pesto Farfalle. verdict: very yummy & i would make it again, but wow do i ever render my kitchen a disaster area when i make a new recipe. this was no exception.

6) the last place i ate out:
Macaroni Grill. right before i saw that movie.

7) something that made me cry:
nothing major. more just a case of blinking back tears quickly a few times. i fully expect to have a different answer here for July.

8) something that made me laugh:
said in reference to Big Papi's...er...lack of speed on the base paths: "Ortiz couldn't run out of sight in two days." he's one of my Sox & i do love him, but that way of putting just made me laugh.

9) something i looked forward to this month:
participating in this Photo Hunt.

10) something i am thankful for:
that my flight coming home from Connecticut didn't turn into a layover nightmare, because it sure did have the potential.

11) something i want to remember about this month:
something little that was said to me that didn't slip by unnoticed, though it was left unmentioned. and no, i do not intend to elaborate further, thank you.

12) a photo i took this month:

5 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Saturday, July 04, 2009 11:47:00 AM  

I am just warning you now. About the crying thing? I make no promises that I won't cry when I meet you and that I won't cry when I drop you off at the airport. Especially the airport part. Me and airports and crying are the only true certainty in life!

*krystyn* Saturday, July 04, 2009 3:27:00 PM  

nice pictures!!! was the first one when you were up in CT?

~**Dawn**~ Sunday, July 05, 2009 7:53:00 AM  

LFM: I'm a girl. Tears don't scare me. ;-) I may be dried up though after the wedding the day before when I expect to bawl like a baby. Those bouquets should come with built-in tissue dispensers!

K: Yes, the first one was at the bridal shower & we're all hunched over like that because Olivia (the 5yo) was taking the photo. And OMG I am just realizing that I put my camera in the hands of a 5 year old... ANYWAY.(breathe breathe) The second one was right outside my door from the night I was trying to photograph "sunset" for the photo hunt! The sky was so pretty that night.

Chele76 Monday, July 13, 2009 10:54:00 PM  

so I know that you have been doing this for a while, but I really do love it. It really is a nice neat snapshot into your life. I think I may borrow this as blog fodder :)

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:19:00 AM  

Chele: Feel free to borrow & tweak as necessary! I like having a consistent little "screen shot" of my life each month. I actually altered my original version to the one it is now & really like it, as it applies to me. =) It's cool to go back & see these little snippets over time.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP