Sunday, July 5, 2009

Grace in Small Things 164:365

1. hearing a church full of people singing The Battle Hymn of the Republic.

2. i have thoroughly enjoyed Sean Casey filling in on NESN with Don Orsillo. nothing tops Remy, but while he's recuperating, we've been generally fortunate with replacements. Eck has kept things interesting and don't get me wrong, i love everything Dave Roberts means in Boston after 2004 but he is just a bit too stiff from inexperience, but Sean Casey has, by far, been my favorite booth fill-in. just listening to him makes me happy.

3. tomorrow may be Monday but it kicks off a three-day work week for me. three days is totally do-able. (remind me of this when i get back on the 13th and am in shock & awe regarding the disaster area once known as my desk.)

4. the shade of blue that the sky turns on a Summer night as the twilight lingers til almost 9pm.

5. hearing a song that makes me smile that i haven't heard in a long while:
I laid in bed that night and thought about the day
And how my life is like a roller coaster ride
The ups and downs and crazy turns along the way
It'll throw you off if you don't hold on tight
You can't really smile until you've shed some tears
I could die today or I might live on for years

I love this crazy, tragic,
Sometimes almost magic,
Awful, beautful life

(from "Awful Beautiful Life," by Darryl Worley)



Visit Grace in Small Things

3 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Monday, July 06, 2009 11:01:00 AM  

Is that the same Sean Casey that recently played for the Tigers (1B, I think?)....if so, I didn't know he went to announcing or that he was even close to retiring. Shows you how out of touch I am with baseball these days. Boo!

Rachel Monday, July 06, 2009 1:35:00 PM  

That is a great song. I'm not a HUGE country fan, but I love that song so so so much.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, July 06, 2009 2:44:00 PM  

K: One & the same! He retired after last season (played with the Sox!) & started working for the MLB Network. He did a spot fill-in in the Red Sox booth over the holiday weekend.

Rachel: I like all sorts of music. I am a notorious radio surfer! LOL!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP