Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday 5: July 31, 2009



Taboo!

This week’s 5 is inspired by the party game called Taboo, in which players must make their teammates utter key words by giving them clues. The twist is that each key word is assigned five Taboo words, and players are forbidden from using the Taboo words in their clues. For example, one key word might be milk, and its Taboo words might be dairy, cow, drink, white, and carton. Your clue might be something like, “It’s a beverage from Bessie,” or “You add it to coffee,” or “The land of BLANK and honey,” or “It comes out of breasts.”

Your task is simply to answer these five questions without using any of the Taboo words or phrases. Challenge yourself not just to avoid using the words, but to think of fresh, new answers to these sort of cliched meme questions!


1. Who’s making a positive difference in your life?
Taboo words: friends, family, husband/wife/spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend.
bloggers who show amazing compassion in the face of heartache to others they have never even met and probably never will.

2. Where would you like to be right now?
Taboo words: home, bed, anywhere but here.
Magic Kingdom with a Dole Whip in hand.

3. What’s the first thing you’d do with a $5,000 (or your local equivalent) gift?
Taboo words: save, debt, vacation, payments, invest.
take a "Bloggers I'd Really Like to Meet or See For Longer Than Three Hours" Tour!

4. What super-power would you really like to have?
Taboo words: invisibility, x-ray vision, flying, strength, transform.
the ability to slow down & speed up time at will.

5. What’s your favorite sound?
Taboo words: laughter, music, ocean, wind, ____’s voice.
the crack of a baseball on a bat.

7 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Friday, July 31, 2009 2:26:00 PM  

awww - this was a fun one!!! I like the $5000 plan too!!

Brandi Friday, July 31, 2009 4:02:00 PM  

Great answers! Love the super power! And the blogger road trip! :)

Also, I LOVE Taboo. In my younger days, we'd get together with friends, drink some refreshing beverages, and play Taboo. One night I either lost my mind or drank a bit too much, and my word was "marionette." Apparently I was thinking of "mariachi." (How someone confuses those two words, I'll never know.)

So as you can imagine, hilarity ensued as I was describing Mexican bands and such, all the while marveling at my luck - after all, the word "Mexican" wasn't taboo. Someone immediately guessed mariachi and I reveled in my own genius until the other team pointed out my error. I never lived that one down...they still tease me about it. :P

penuttpie Friday, July 31, 2009 8:03:00 PM  

this is totally cool! i might have to do one as well :)

Ted D Friday, July 31, 2009 10:45:00 PM  

//the crack of a baseball on a bat.//

Word.

shari Saturday, August 01, 2009 3:01:00 PM  

i just discovered your blog under noteworthy blogs and having such fun exploring...
thought i'd leave my 5 (we used to play Taboo alot camping...)
1. making a dif.: my favorite artist friend with her lakeside studio where we play...
2. where to be: THE OCEAN!!!
3. with $5000: i'd travel. places i'd like to see: Capri, the cook islands, australia, south america, etc.
4. superpower i'd like: to be able to heal others...
5. favorite sound: chimes blowing in the breeze...

Floray Uttam Sunday, August 02, 2009 10:47:00 AM  

aah!! that was a refresher something that i use to play as a kid!! thanks. it was really nice reading your post..

Regards
Floray

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP