Monday, July 6, 2009

Grace in Small Things 165:365

1. there is a street corner filled with buttercups at one of the intersections i pass in the morning. i'm not sure many things look more cheerful than a whole mess of buttercups!

2. August issue of Everyday With Rachael Ray. i love new magazines in my mailbox!

3. i got my auto insurance policy renewal in the mail today. it was less than i was anticipating. it's still highway robbery but less is less.

4. two days of work left this week! tomorrow is my Wednesday!

5. watching that long standing ovation for Nomar Garciaparra tonight really made me happy. seeing him standing there, soaking in the love, tipping his cap & patting his heart. we parted ways so abruptly & under such strange circumstances. it was like a relationship that ended with no explanations, leaving everyone feeling disgruntled & bewildered, without closure. sometimes i think these reconnections are healing for everyone involved. i know it really warmed my heart to see the emotion he showed and to watch him feel the love of a fanbase that loves like no other.


Visit Grace in Small Things

4 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Tuesday, July 07, 2009 9:19:00 AM  

hooray for short work weeks. my weeks just got extended for the month of July and 1st week of August due to Tues & Thurs class. Boo!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, July 07, 2009 5:25:00 PM  

K: I only wish this short week would result in some relaxation but not likely to happen. =P

Unknown Wednesday, July 08, 2009 7:51:00 AM  

comments on....
1. Yup, thats what I love about Florida. So many flowers, shrubs and trees always in bloom no matter what time of year.

2. Something about getting a mag in the mail..I dont know exactly how to describe it, kind of a fulfilling.... warm fuzzy feeling.... familiarity... anticipation all rolled into one.

3. Wait..you live in Florida..who needs insurance!!!

4. Hurray!!! Have a great and safe trip.

5. I still wear my Nomar tee at least 2x a month. I miss all that batting glove tugging....lolo

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:12:00 PM  

Marc:

2. It's genuine happy mail. No expectations other than to kick back & flip pages.

3. Just because I live in P-County doesn't mean I was born & raised here. ;-)

4. Thanks. I aim to. ;-)

5. Did you get to see the ovation? It was incredible. Watching him fidget makes me nervous (kind of like Sheffield's bat-waving) but I still appreciate what he was in Boston & what he still means to us. Seeing him drink it in made me happy.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP