Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Grace in Small Things 180:365

1. thanks to good reflexes & the fact that i don't try to "multi-task" while i drive, i was able to avoid being hit by someone who decided to change lanes without a signal & while applying makeup. i had to drive off the road to prevent a collision but that's better than the alternative.

2. i wore my red shirt, one of my very favorites. cute & the perfect shade of red. makes me happy when i'm wearing it!

3. i loved today's Real Simple quote:
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
(William James)

4. "virtual tours" of WDW with my friend Michelle, via email. they help a little when we'd both rather be playing at Disney than working. ;-)

5. blog awards from some sweet bloggy buddies: the Meme Award from Rachel (i'll follow with my seven tidbits at the end); the Blog Lovin' Award from Fidgeting Gidget; and the Humane Award from Mrs C. i'm so glad our blogs crossed paths! and now for seven random tidbits you don't already know about me...hmmm...always a challenge after you've been blogging for so long!

1. the thing i like least about living in an apartment is not having my own washer & dryer.

2. i'm thinking about making pasta salad for dinner tonight. it's usually a Summer staple for me & here it is, the middle of July, and i haven't even made it once yet!

3. my hair was all the way down to the middle of my back when i graduated from high school in 1994. when i started college, i cut it to shoulder-length. when i turned 21, i cut it even shorter. i've been wearing it this length (in various styles) for 8 years now, and most of the time, i can't imagine growing it out again.

4. as a result of doing daycare for 5 years (on top of babysitting since i was 11), there is a whole list of names i could never use for my own (potential) kids due to *ahem* bad associations.

5. i don't drink coffee ever, but i love the smell of the coffee aisle at the grocery store and coffee ice cream is one of my favorite flavors.

6. my Gram used to call me her little ladybug, even after i was all grown up. unless i was being a brat. then she called me a teabag. don't know why but it still makes me smile.

7. i play in multiple fantasy baseball & fantasy football leagues (private groups by invite, not public leagues where you don't know anyone else) and i *love* it. i play with some great groups of people & i look forward to it every year!




Visit Grace in Small Things

2 with their own thoughts:

Mom! Dude! Wednesday, July 22, 2009 1:10:00 PM  

Oh, I was a "ladybug" too! My parents used that nickname for me when I was small and I loved it so much, when I brought my newborn daughter home from the hospital last month, she was a pink onesie with ladybugs on it! (Which her oldest brother called "cockroaches" LOL)!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, July 22, 2009 11:48:00 PM  

Momma Moe: Now see I wasn't going to mention this but when I was *really* awful, Gram would tell me to stop being a roach. LOL!! We'll see who pays attention to the comments section now. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP