Thursday, July 2, 2009

i'm not above groveling.

if you know anyone at all in the northeast portion of the United States, then you've undoubtedly heard, at least once, about the unseasonably chilly soggy weather they've been given in (an unwilling) exchange for Summer so far. given that i am a week away from Part 2 of the 2009 New England Tour, i have been watching the extended forecast with some concern.

as of this morning, July 9 looks to be a perfect day for some baseball at Fenway:


and Saturday looks like it will be perfectly suited for a group of girls to put on beautiful (SLEEVELESS!!) dresses and celebrate the wedding of their very dear friend:


Mother Nature, i am pleading with you. what will it take to make this hold true? PLEASE don't let this be a tease where you end up yanking the rug out from under my feet, leaving me with a rained out Sox game and as a shivering bridesmaid in an undesirable contrasting blue (NOT one of the approved bridal colors!) to go with my lovely watermelon-colored gown!

4 with their own thoughts:

JW.BW Thursday, July 02, 2009 7:04:00 PM  

Crossing my fingers for you!!
Jessi

f8hasit Thursday, July 02, 2009 8:27:00 PM  

As I live in the NorthWest and they have been telling us it's been a 30% chance of rain for the last 3 days...

3 days ago we had a torrential downpour that left us with 2" of rain in 3 hours.

2 days ago it rained from 3am to 4:30 pm. Remember, 30% chance of rain...

Yesterday it rained in the early morning, sun came out driend everything up and then once again 1 1/2" rain within 2 hours.

Today? Off and on rain in either a steady downpour or drizzle THE WHOLE DAY.....

So...

Not only will I keep my fingers crossed for your wearing of a lovely sleeveless watermelon colored dress for your friends wedding, but also so my back yard doesn't resemble a pond where one isn't supposed to be. I do believe my fish have washed out of the REAL pond and are now located somewhere in the driveway....

:-)

Have fun!

Brandi Thursday, July 02, 2009 11:15:00 PM  

I hope the weather cooperates! C'mon, Mother Nature!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, July 03, 2009 12:33:00 PM  

Jessi: Thanks! I have a feeling I'm going to need it. ;-)

f8hasit: I hope you fish manage to migrate back to their original home when the water recedes back to non-ark-requiring levels!

Brandi: I checked the forecast again this morning. Right now, Saturday still appears safe but Thursday is already trying to recant its offer. Grr. I've already been robbed of my baseball boyfriend on the 9th! I best still get to see the rest of the team play!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP