Thursday, July 30, 2009

dancing.

sometimes i am amazed by the sheer volume of thought fragments that can swirl in my mind at any one time.

...MLB Trade Deadline looms, who will be here tomorrow? and who won't...

...i totally teased Pocklock with a story right before Wedding Weekend. it's been three weeks. i actually *saw* her for several hours & didn't even tell her then. she probably doesn't even remember by this point. but i do. why haven't i replied to that email yet...

...my Gram's favorite candies were Milky Way and Nestle Crunch bars. i miss my Gram...

...my family is freaking huge. and that's just on my dad's side. Gram had five siblings. Gramp had eight. the number of cousins is astounding. i can't even recall all of their names. i wonder how they all are. do they even remember me...

...what comes next...

...i should put those hamburger buns in the freezer so they don't go to waste. that's the fifteenth time i've said that to myself but there they sit...

...my Gram's parents' names were Julius & Helen. Gramp's were Karl & Amelia. i need to record that somewhere. the details are so important...

...i'm ready for it to not be so hot. why can't Florida have a real Autumn...

...i wish i could scoop up all my friends & deposit them all in closer range. they'd probably kill me though. Florida Summer isn't for the faint of heart...

and they all just dance, gracefully skirting each other, without collision, surfacing in my consciousness & then ducking out of sight again.

4 with their own thoughts:

Sarah Anne Friday, July 31, 2009 3:40:00 AM  

That's one of the reasons why I'm awake right now. :)

Samantha Friday, July 31, 2009 10:30:00 AM  

i have a file on my computer about all the family history i've gleaned from my parents. every time i go home, i interrogate them about my grandparents and great-grandparents. it's fun to know where we came from, right?

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, August 04, 2009 9:11:00 AM  

Samantha: It is! I think we take all these little tidbits of who we are for granted when we're young. Hopefully we realize how important they might be to us to know one day before it's too late to ask! I love knowing those random little details about my ancestors.

Pocklock: I will! I promise!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP