Saturday, July 4, 2009

in which i am humbled.

as i sit here with my laptop, browsing the many blogs that live in my Google Reader, reading anecdotes that make me laugh or stories that touch my heart, scrolling through photos that awe me & take my breath away, finding myself inspired by person after amazing person upon whom i have been lucky enough to stumble on the vast internet, i can't help but wonder...

...why on earth do you wonderful people keep coming back *here* of all places, when there are countless other more incredible locations you could spend your time online? and why do you keep leaving such thoughtful comments on my silly ramblings or amateurish (at best) photos?

whatever you say (as inevitably, you will), i'm still not going to wrap my mind around it. so, just... thank you. for sticking around and following me along this little journey and just being generally awesome in ways i couldn't possibly deserve. i don't have any idea what the heck i'm doing most days, other than the fact that i do this for myself, but you all make the ride so much richer.

"Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends."
(inscription in the book Clarence leaves behind for George Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life)

10 with their own thoughts:

Sarah Anne Saturday, July 04, 2009 2:45:00 PM  

I come back because I like you. You have interesting thoughts, and I find your love of a certain baseball team a lot of fun. As for the photos, well, they are nice. Not so amateurish to me. :)

B'ville Observer Saturday, July 04, 2009 9:37:00 PM  

It's enjoyable to read the items that make you grateful. Your photos are awesome.

Ted D Saturday, July 04, 2009 10:41:00 PM  

Virtual hugs, Dawn.

My life is all the better for "meeting" you.

One day I'll bring the brood to FL and you'll rue the day we became friends. Until then? All the best from me to you.

And I daily wonder the same thing you do. ;)

penuttpie Sunday, July 05, 2009 1:36:00 AM  

i'm always interested in checking out what you have to say or what's going on with you :)
you'd be surprised by how inspiring some of the things are that you say!

~**Dawn**~ Sunday, July 05, 2009 7:58:00 AM  

Yeah, see, I still think you're all crazy, but I am grateful for the crazy & humbled by it.

K: Right back at ya, my friend.

Ted: "Rue the day" cracks me up. I figure we can just implement the Hurricane Emergency Response. It's really kind of the same thing anyway... Hurricanes Rakes and Trot? ;-)


G: It surprises me that anyone finds me inspiring. It takes me four days to figure out how to open an MSN Chat window! ;-) Like I said...wonder I can even dress myself.

Anonymous,  Sunday, July 05, 2009 9:29:00 AM  

1. Cause i like all your other friends... so I knew i'd like you.

2. Cause our lives are so different that i like to peek in on what my life "could have been"

3. Cause while i'm drowning in rain... or freezing my bum off... i can always peek in on your bloggie and smile... the sun and the words you write make me smile.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, July 06, 2009 2:46:00 PM  

Keri:
1. I knew the same thing about you! =)

2. Isn't is funny how we all live vicariously through one another?

3. =) Thank you. Bringing sunshine--in whatever form--into someone else's day is *never* a bad thing.

Penny Monday, July 06, 2009 11:19:00 PM  

Because you're the rockinest rocker in all of Rocktown.

And you heart the Sox! (Going again Wednesday!!)

And you heart Mr. Disney and all his Disneyness (planning a December trip--yay!)

And other stuff, which I'd list but I have to get back to work. This manuscript's not going to edit itself--although I wish it would!

Fidgeting Gidget Saturday, July 11, 2009 9:50:00 AM  

I come back because you're a great blogger, in every sense of the word! You say what you feel, you have those awesome 20 question lists, you seem to like a lot of the same type of stuff I like, and you live by Disney World...what more could a blog buddy want?!?!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP