Saturday, December 29, 2007

Random Thoughts: December 29, 2007

** how is it possible for one head to produce so much snot? where does it come from?? ugh. actually, i do not feel that terrible. i am just really *really* over blowing my nose.

** ya know what i don't get? why Citizen uses Eli Manning in its Echo Drive watch commercials. they tout him as "unstoppable." ummm... have they actually ever watched him play?

** there is this law when a girl is applying her make up. it states that if she is going to sneeze, it will be immediately after she finishes applying mascara. =P

** proof that life is not fair: not only did i miss seeing Mike Lowell as Grand Marshal at Magic Kingdom but apparently the Cap'n was there on Thursday. and i was off work. had i known, i would have gone, even exhausted, jet-lagged & fighting a cold.


** while i am ecstatic that the NFL will not be limiting the Patriots-Giants game to only the NFL Network (though i would most definitely be camped out in some sports bar tonight if that was the way it stayed), i am confused by the sudden overkill. we went from putting it on a channel that many people don't get to simulcasting it on *both* CBS and NBC?? i am confused. why *two* national networks?

** it always amazes me that my brother & i get along so well now, considering we spent most of our formative years alternately getting along & being at each other's throats. i like to think Gram looks down on us chatting online for over an hour & smiles, perhaps with a bit of "i told you so."

10 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Saturday, December 29, 2007 11:24:00 AM  

why not..since the writter's are on strike there is nothing better on TV!

Ted D Saturday, December 29, 2007 4:26:00 PM  

Welcome home, Dawn. I hope your Christmas was fantastic.

Tek in a Pirate hat is a tad scary.

As far as the NFL thing, I think they panicked when they realized how stupid they look crying poor mouth to the cable companies. I've got the NFL channel, but I'm glad everyone can see the game.

mimiscraps Saturday, December 29, 2007 5:02:00 PM  

I know what you mean about the snot factor! LOL! We've all had that passed around here! Dang its cold this winter! Hang in there, the SuperBowl will be here before too long!! There's nothing better to watch than football!!

*krystyn* Saturday, December 29, 2007 7:55:00 PM  

I hope that your snot production has eased up and I especially feel your pain as excessive snot production has been my 'nemesis' during this pregnancy...of course, I'll take it anyday over morning sickness, but still...it would be nice to be able to sleep a whole night thru w/o waking to HAVE to blow my nose.

Get well soon!

Mega Sunday, December 30, 2007 8:54:00 PM  

Maybe you gave your sickness to me.

Ingrid Sunday, December 30, 2007 11:47:00 PM  

Love the pic!

The mascara thing also applies to itchy eyes. The second I put that stuff on, my eyes need a good rub. Never fails.

Colleen Monday, December 31, 2007 12:49:00 PM  

Wow Girlie! I'm fighting a nasty juicy cold and hacking couch too! BTW your number 1 about snot was awesome. Better out the nose than out the throat! EEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOUUU!

and ditto on the mascara =)

Anonymous,  Monday, December 31, 2007 1:01:00 PM  

The other girl law? After you put on eye liner is when you either (1) accidentally poke yourself in the eye or (2) watch something sappy on tv and BOTH cause that eyeliner to run in a beautiful streak from your eye.

Anonymous,  Wednesday, January 02, 2008 11:35:00 AM  

I have developed a technique to prevent your eyelashes from sticking together during a sneeze after mascara application. I may have to trademark it or something. You feel the sneeze coming... the wind-up so to speak. During this phase, get everything out of your hands and use your index fingers to pull your eyelids upwards. Then, when the sneeze comes seconds later, your eyes are still open. No sticking!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, January 02, 2008 12:03:00 PM  

Andie: No freaking kidding.

Ted: I think Tek is trying to break into the secret bullpen club! My Christmas was great. I hope yours was as well.

Mimi: I swear *everyone* has had this cold.

Krystyn: I finally felt back to normal yesterday. Thank God. I was *really* tired of blowing my nose.

Mega: I think you were sick first, so if anyone gave it to someone else, it would be *you*. =P

Ingrid: I think he looks adorable. I wish I would have seen him in person though! ;-)

Colleen: You win! I didn't get a cough. Thank God. When a cold settles in my chest, I'm in for a long haul.

April: It is really hard work being a girl, isn't it?

Nichole: OMG! How do your eyes not pop out of your head?! LOL!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP