Thursday, December 13, 2007

The List



The List (the infamous Mitchell Report, which you've probably heard of by now, even if you don't follow sports) comes out today.

on one hand, i'm ready for it just to be out in the open so we can stop the rumor mill already. on the other, i feel kind of sick, having seen an uncomfirmed list of names.

names of players, of *Sox*, both past & present, who are near & dear to my heart. none of the names i saw would shock me all that much when i take the facts i know into account. i could see how it would be true -- and why the names i saw would have done it, whether to come back faster from an injury or to play through one. in fact, some i already suspect on my own. i guess we'll know for sure in under an hour...

if it's real, i will just say this: i love my boys just the same. but it makes me very very sad.

3:00pm: whew. scrolled through the entire 400+ page document. no Trot. no Tek. (the two names i had heard come up, that due to injury, i feared might come up.) no one of extreme importance to me. relief does not even begin to describe it...

5 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:16:00 PM  

Dawn, a buddy called me with that list around 12 and the poor guy sounded like it hurt him more than me that Trot was on the list. "I just feel for you and your boy."

Needless to say, I'm thrilled Trot and Tek weren't on the list. Gagne was, but that doesn't shock me with the breakdown physically he's had over the past several seasons.

::breathes sigh of relief::

mimiscraps Friday, December 14, 2007 12:28:00 AM  

Thank your posting the recipe, I'll have to make them for our house warming party!

Scott Friday, December 14, 2007 9:45:00 AM  

It was good to see no current Sox players and no former Sox while employed by the Old Towne Team in the report. Of course now everyone is saying that it is because of Mitchells ties to the Sox organization. A guy at work went as far to say that it was a Sox vendetta against Clemens which made him the only big star to be named. The anti Sox and Patriots theme is starting to get on my nerves.

kreed Friday, December 14, 2007 11:48:00 AM  

It was a sad day in baseball...glad your two players didn't show up on the list.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, December 14, 2007 12:13:00 PM  

Ted: I know that the list is not all-inclusive, but at least the fact remains that no one on our current team speaks in their favor Now whether that means they've given no reason to be suspected, they've passed all tests put before them or they are just smarter than your average bear about covering their tracks is unknown. But I am still happy their names are not specifically associated with this list.

mimi: You're welcome! Hope you enjoy them!

Scott: I am pretty annoyed at the implications & allusions being made too, but the fact stands that there *are* former Sox on that list. Mo Vaughn for example. I just don't see how anyone thinks that they were overlooked because of Mitchell's "association." As for Clemens? C'mon. Like we are so stupid, we needed this list for it to occur to us that a 45-year-old fastball pitcher still in the game might not be juicing? I bet Andy is wishing he wasn't Clemens' shadow now! Because you know as soon as they found something on Clemens, they looked at Pettitte. Jealousy of success is an ugly thing. Let them all trashtalk. We still have better teams -- and we've stuck by them through many a down season.

kreed: It is. I am glad they weren't on the list, but there are players on it that I like & respect. It's sad that they went this route but even sadder that the media made such a show of things like home runs that the players felt driven this direction, instead of having the media spotlight true talent & grittiness on the field. I feel the worst for players who didn't do it for reasons like Bonds did, to gain records, but merely tried to speed up time to comeback from an injury, or to play through one.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP