Sunday, December 2, 2007

Snapshot From Along the Broken Road: November 2007

no photo of me this month. no one took one. =(

1) a gift i gave: i got a shirt from Animal Kingdom that Nichole really wanted. it was her birthday gift.

2) something i apologized for: for going on vacation. i wasn't really sorry though. ;-)

3) the last person i thanked: Nichole & Daniel for having me as a guest for my Thanksgiving vacation

4) the last movie i watched: since i rarely seem to watch movies, and now i've watched a whole bunch of them at once (over vacation), i am going to list them all. Ratatouille. (part of) Elf. and a bunch of Alfred Hitchcock movies: Shadow of a Doubt. The Man Who Knew Too Much. Vertigo. Dial M For Murder. Rear Window. oh & i also watched Gone With the Wind just before my vacation started -- it was my Gram's favorite movie & i happened to catch it on AMC.

5) the best meal i cooked this month: this pasta dish *rocked*.

6) the last place i ate out: taking this literally (meaning i am not going to count the meals Daniel cooked while i was visiting, or the take out we had a couple of times), the last place i actually ate *out* was Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, at Downtown Disney (California), for Nichole's birthday, with Nichole (obviously), Daniel, Steven & Gabi.

7) something that made me cry: my own stupid thoughts. sometimes my brain needs an off-switch.

8) something that made me laugh: the conversation Steven & i had while trying to decide what we wanted for dinner when we went out for Nichole's birthday.

9) the last person i talked to on the phone: Nichole -- apparently she is the theme for the month of November. LOL!

10) someone i'm thinking about today: my dad. i really should call him. except i know when i do, no one will answer, i'll leave a message & no one will call me back... =/

11) something i want to remember about this month: how good it feels to spend time with the people you love...

12) a photo i took this month:

this was Daniel's table for Thanksgiving. =)

6 with their own thoughts:

Debi Monday, December 03, 2007 11:30:00 AM  

Wow...Daniel sure knows how to set a table, huh? Gorgeous!

#10...That just breaks my heart...I'm so sorry Dawn!

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, December 04, 2007 10:17:00 AM  

Daniel's tables are always amazing. They make my camera scream to be used! And the way Nichole & Daniel's dining room table is placed near the windows, the light is just perfect.

Debi: Thank you. Part of me is used to this by now after almost six years, but it still makes me sad.

Nichole M Tuesday, December 04, 2007 12:24:00 PM  

ugh! We *always* forget to take pictures of ourSELVES when we visit! Sorry you don't have a pic of you... :-(

Just for the record, I *beg* to set the table. After all, I picked out the elements and stuff and have a lifetime of experience because I did it when I was growing up. But Daniel insists on doing it himself. He does everything to make it perfect, short of using a ruler. I suspect he does that part after I'm asleep. ;-)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, December 05, 2007 12:07:00 AM  

Nichole: That's ok. We'll get some in a couple of weeks. =) I am *dying* at the mental image of Daniel checking to see if you're really asleep -- like by holding up your arm & letting it drop -- and then sneaking out the ruler to make sure everything is precise! I am sure you set a beautiful table too, but I think that while he seems to not want to admit to his creative side exists, that presenting a full holiday meal, complete with setting the table, is Daniel's creative outlet. Creativity cannot be denied forever! ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP