Sunday, December 30, 2007

it ain't over


(photo from Yahoo! Sports)

undefeated is meaningless if we don't get another ring.

but what an awesome time to be a Boston sports fan!

good things about last night
** Don Shula didn't get to pop the cork on that bottle of champagne
** 16-0 baby!!
** run defense springs to life
** took a little bit to get it started but there is, in fact, a running game for New England
** the Patriots had to work back from their biggest deficit of the season to get the victory but they did it
** that deficit was twelve points
** single season touchdown record for a QB is now owned by Tom Brady
** single season touchdown record for a WR is now owned by Randy Moss
** Wes Welker was my favorite acquisition for this season
** Junior Seau is still my favorite from last season
** Bruschi, Vrabel & Faulk are my favorite veteran Patriots
** no silly flags thrown on Matt Light
** all AFC roads to the Super Bowl must pass through Foxboro

bad things about last night
** didn't put nearly enough pressure on Eli for two & a half quarters
** we seemed to have traded pass defense for run defense for a while there which i find a bit troubling
** i wish Rodney Harrison could channel that anger into sacks & tackles as opposed to things that lead to big ugly penalties
** oh dear God, there are no more games we can lose...

4 with their own thoughts:

Ingrid Monday, December 31, 2007 12:22:00 AM  

Amazing game. The NFL Networks bias against the Patriots made me insane, but once I turned down the volume, everything was good.

Anonymous,  Monday, December 31, 2007 1:18:00 PM  

i have to admit it scares me that my boys may meet your boys in AZ.....well my boys wont unless they start playing they they can. but if that is the case and we lose..it means jason doesn't get a ring (yes if we would win jason gets a ring too) so i might have to hate the pats a lot until then.....

jenny Monday, December 31, 2007 2:21:00 PM  

It seemed like a giant commercial for the NFL network, which cable being what it is - I still do not have. And will NEVER pay for.

Harrison and Mankins really do need to simmer down just a bit. But only a bit, that kind of energy must be hard to contain.

Eli didn't even look that bad for a little while, scary wasn't it?

Thank god for a first round bye, I need a breather.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, January 02, 2008 12:39:00 PM  

Ingrid: I just kept telling myself it could have been worse: Joe Buck & John Madden could have been announcing it as a team. =P I found it amazing, in an annoying kind of way, how they jumped on the bandwagon & started kissing NE's backside when it became clear they would win after all.

Andie: There is a much bigger anti-fanbase for the Patriots these days. I am rooting for NE & Green Bay. And anyone that can eliminate the Colts, Giants, Seahawks & Bucs.

Jenny: I would not pay for it either but I was bewildered that such a huge game appeared as though they would not show it nationally. I am glad they were "encouraged" to have a change of heart. And yeah, we allowed Eli a little too much comfort zone out there. Our defense scares me the way it runs hot & cold on a whim.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP