Thursday, December 13, 2007

today's random Red Sox off-season coping strategy quote: December 13, 2007

i know it's rapidly becoming a case of the pot (Boston) calling the kettle (NY) black, but with the recent contracts signed for Slappy, Posada & Mo (and would you be shocked if Rogah ends up in the Bronx again at another outrageous dollar amount? yeah, neither would i.), all at ridiculous time lengths & prices for players those ages, this still makes me laugh smirk:

Georgie Porgie's Traveling Gazillionaires
(FOX Sports.com)

5 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Thursday, December 13, 2007 9:27:00 AM  

Dawn, I read in the Surviving Grady comments this morning that the Mitchell Report will feature "several prominent Yankees".

I'm worried if it will feature any prominent Red Sox players. :(

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:18:00 AM  

I have heard that there will likely be some names from the Sox on the list, but the speculation I have heard is that they were names from the past -- like Canseco, for example. I haven't heard anything about *current* players. Schill was quoted as saying he didn't think there was anyone currently, but that in this day & age, when news like Paul Byrd came out just a couple of months ago, nothing is really all that shocking. I would not be heartbroken if a certain Traitor's name surfaced on The List, even though he was part of the 04 Team. There is one current name, given something that happened in recent history, who has me a little worried, but I don't even dare utter who I am thinking of, only pray that his name isn't there.

The one thing I have heard said quite a few times now is that there can't be much in the way of penalties for players that used substances before they were officially banned from the sport -- that this list should be a tool to stop all this nonsense right now & to clean up the game. We'll see...

Ingrid Thursday, December 13, 2007 11:00:00 AM  

I'm still ill over the fact they kept Rivera. I can't watch him blow anymore 8 run leads.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, December 13, 2007 11:04:00 AM  

It's all about knowing when to let go, Ingrid. ;-) Seems the Steinbrenner Spawn are following right in their daddy's footsteps with that. The Sox, on the other hand, need to learn how to hold on better: like to players the caliber of Alex Gonzalez, instead of releasing him in favor of Julio Freaking Lugo. I am just glad we kept Mike Lowell... Whew.

Mega Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:17:00 PM  

I'm hearing Trot Nixon will be on the list. But remember if he is on it, you won't hear any bigger Boston names than that. Mitchell might have cleaned up the report before he submitted it (look who he works for).

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP