Saturday, April 8, 2006

spf: April 8, 2006



Let’s get to know your camera, okay?

This Friday’s theme…Take me off AUTO!

1. Macro: take a picture of something ‘close up’. Don’t use your zoom, make sure you have good lighting and make sure you’re steady. If you have to, set your camera down on something and then take the picture.



2. NO FLASH: try swiching the flash off and taking pictures of your stuff without it. It may take a lot of pictures to get the right shot, but open the windows and find artifical light to get it to work.



3. Perspective: get up high or down low…either way, change the perspective of your picture..tilt the camera sideways. Change the layout of the picture. Instead of having the subject framed perfectly in the middle of the picture…move it to the left or the right.



You all hate it when I make you think of out of the box. This is one of those weeks you’re going to hate me, but it’s really not that hard. Find your favorite subject and follow the rules.

7 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Saturday, April 08, 2006 1:01:00 PM  

I don't know what that last shot is (other than a clock) but it's SO cool.

I like the last picture the most because it's different. I like how the whole clock isn't in the picture, it's cut off on some places. I would have cropped in a bunch and cut a lot out, but I REALLY like it.

You did great!!

Lisa Carroll Saturday, April 08, 2006 2:11:00 PM  

These are great Dawn. :) Isn't it amazing how you can take what would normally be a so-so shot and turn it into an absolutely AMAZING photo with just *one simple, little tweak*. I am taking a photography course (of sorts) myself and 'perspective' is my favorite lesson so far (that and learning about aperature). I am in such a "frame your subject in the center of the photo" rut and by changing my perspective in the tiniest of ways has COMPETELY changed how my photos come out!

I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out - being that I use the same rule in my scrapping - but applying the rule of thirds to photography is another trick that can really make your 'perspective' photos even more intersting and eye-catching. I think that's why pic #3 is so awesome... not only is the perspective from a great angle, but the actual "face" of the clock is in the upper third and far left third of the frame. Just incredible. :)

Right now, I am getting to know depth of field. I have since discovered my little "portrait button and let me tell you... I thought macro was my best friend.....! Now that I have figured out when to use portrait mode, macro may have to take a back seat for a while! LOL I have totally shocked myself with some of the pix I've taken since learning about depth of field and protrait mode.

Sorry so long! Snap on, my friend! :D

Michelle W. Saturday, April 08, 2006 6:41:00 PM  

coolness. the bunnies are sooo cute!

Michelle

Dawn Sunday, April 09, 2006 1:57:00 PM  

WOW, You really did a great job. I love each of the pics you took! The egg looks cool and the perspective of the clock is terrific! GREAT work!

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous,  Monday, April 10, 2006 9:52:00 AM  

I love that easter egg! I should really play more with my camera settings... Especially like the bunnies, too.

Yeah, I'm ready for Easter. :-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP