Monday, April 3, 2006

the one in which my internal clock laughs in the face of Daylight Savings Time

so when i set my alarm clock last night (yes, already with the updated one-hour forward time), i somehow managed to get it stuck between 2 settings instead of in its proper location. when it tried to give me my wake-up call this morning, something happened. something as in it didn't work. normally? not such a problem. i usually wake up before it screeches & shut it off anyway. just like i did this morning. but in Eastern Standard Time. i blinked. the room was the correct brightness for my normal wake-up time (which it should be it turned out). i stretched. i put on my glasses. i looked at my clock which read something like "upside-down F period E upside-down U" in its freaked out, "you set me wrong you flipping human idiot" mode. i blinked again. then i felt kinda ill as i turned to look at the clock on the cable box. 6:40. excatly one hour later than the time i *should* be waking up. but right on time if we had left the time well enough alone. i guess when i rolled all my other clocks forward an hour on Saturday night, i neglected to change the internal one...

happy Monday.

2 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Monday, April 03, 2006 10:08:00 AM  

Do you watch Seinfeld? Remember when Kramer was going to set his internal alarm clock so Elaine's friend wouldn't miss the New York marathon? tee hee.

justem Monday, April 03, 2006 6:15:00 PM  

You are too funny!! I hate Daylight Savings time!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP